• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 7 radiator hose

Well, you can see first, at left, Trumpeter's Sd.Kfz. 7 engine. The red arrow points to the hose I want to add, as I see in Griffon detail set

But, the 2 pics to the right (from Wheatcroft collection) shows that hose entering directly into the engine, meanwhile the left pic, from Jamie Tainton's trip to Koblenz, shows the hose entering to a cilinder (like in Trumpeter's engine). I'm curious about that, how the same hose can go to 2 different part of an engine? Both cases are possible? Or I'm looking to the wrong hose in the gray HT?

manguera.jpg

Thanks

Darío

It appears that the Grey engine is missing the holding reservior that the Trumpeter and Dark yellow engine have , this appears it could be a Late addition or simply that the part was not available for restoring the Dark Grey version , It appears that without the reservior the pipe would enter the block in that area so you may need to check further resources to see if the lack of the reservior is just this vehicle . It does appear Trumpeter have the area spot on to the Dark Yellow engine .

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks, Jenny; that is what I though too, but I don't trust in ...me :laugh:

This weekend I will continue with this project

Darío

I was totally wrong :blush:
The tubes in the dark grey vehicle that enter into the engine was another piece, not the radiator hose

You can see that U-shaped tube in this pic:

Darío

Back