• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz 7/1 Magic Trax ??????

panzerace007

Here I sit at th Bench Toiling away on these "Magic Trax" for th Sd.Kfz 7/1 Flak-vierling. Yes, They will be workable ... But there is Nothing "Magical" about having to clean up over 100 tracks from Ejector pin marks & some sightly seam lines ! UUURRGGH:evil:

ERIK

I know what you mean Erik having recently completed the same task on the same model :(

In fact Im looking at the box right now to see if Im in the mood to carry on with the photetch on the Gun barrels

ANDY,

Do it !! DO th P.E. !! How do you think I feel? ... I'm doing a Review for AMPS on th Griffon P.E. Royal Edition for this 7/1 !! :gogo

Here's th 1st. Look Review - http://www.amps-armor.org/ampssite/reviews/showReview.aspx?ID=1236&Type=FL

ERIK

ANDY,

I've seen th P.E. for that set. It's included in th Royal Edition ... Nice Set ! :huh: th Gun Barrels I mean ! :D

Here's a sneak peak ..... at th Royal Edition ....

dsc07421_4_20101113_1456143812.jpg

dsc07414_7_20101104_1063474778.jpg

dsc07382_7_20101031_1959486467.jpg

I'm lookin forward to seeing yours too ANDY . Any particular Division ? I might set mine in th Ardennes attached to LASSH Piper's division

ERIK

Brilliant stuff Erik , ......... nice clean pe work !!! .............. any new cuss words you can share with us to use while working with pe :laugh:

Hey Guys,

Thanx for th kind words ...

CHEYENNE - There were a few ... Some started with Son-of-a and sometimes ended in 'er and described copulating with some ones Mother.:woohoo: Fortunately Griffon gives you extras on th Small bits .... I've had th occasional Tweezer Launch .... :D

MOONIE- Oh, she's a Gettin' done ! I've had to take a time out from th P.E. & build up th suspension, which I've articulated, but you can't really tell. Once I have th rolling Chassis then I can get back to th P.E. Madness !

*NOTE* - That Radiator ... The Slats up front are workable ! It will open & close :D , as well as the Rumble seat that is fully functional! It will fold Up & Down with the support legs folding out !:D

ERIK

ANDY,KEN,&JAMES,

Thanx Guys for th head up on th Trax. After 4 hours of cleaning up ejector Pin marks & some unsightly seams:sick: , I ended up using a small dot of C.A. to secure th Track Pad to the Shoe & They are workable !!:D I wanted to do this for th simple fact ,as it would ease in Painting & attaching them to th 7/1 !

Thanx again for th Help !!

I would post some pix but I'm having trouble with Safari ... It locks up when I give th sight permission to access My computer ?? It just stalls out ? I would go through FireFox, but for some reason Firefox does not see my most recent uploads of Pix ??

I'll post pix later.

ERIK

Back