• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz.234/2 Puma, where is... Problem Solved!

vt1100

I'm just in process of weathering my Puma (DML) and would like to add some fuel spills to rear deck, but I'm not quite sure where fuel tank cap is. Now, there is two round details at rear deck just behind fighting compartment, other is in middle and has raised rib and other is at left side. Has to be one of them but which?

Re: Sd.Kfz.234/2 Puma, where is fuel tank cap?

See here for the SdKFz 234/2 fuel tank (the Puma was a different vehicle from which the SdKfz 234/2 turret was used).

I hope this helps...

Regards,

Re:Sd.Kfz.234/2 Puma, where is fuel tank cap?

Oops! :blush:

You will need to read it as Torben points it out in his build.
http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/showpost.php?p=61167&postcount=9

They are under the long side doors.

Regards,

The circular cap in the centre is for water for the radiator . Not sure on the other but Saul is right , the fuel tank fillers were accessed through the doors on either side of the large louver on the engine deck .

Jenny :kiss:

Jenny,

Didn't you have a SdKFz 234 planned for a GB?

Regards,

jenny croft wrote:
The circular cap in the centre is for water for the radiator . Not sure on the other but Saul is right , the fuel tank fillers were accessed through the doors on either side of the large louver on the engine deck .

Jenny :kiss:

Hmmm, radiator...? I believe that 234 series had air-cooled Tatra engines, or at least it's stated so in Panzerwrecks vol. 4.

Back