• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Schlepping around

panzerace007

Hey Everybody,

Long time no see. ..... I've gone 'Ol school & started working on this RSO/1 from Italeri , just in time for Dragon to announce Their variant will be out soon .....

I'm taking on th Italeri kit with a set of Fruilies, a P.E. set from Edward. & a set of Killa' Resin wheels from 1120 productions.

DSC08913.JPG

RSO_Interior_floor_passanger.JPG

ROS_close_up_of_the_Interior_floor.JPG

( My 3 year Old daughter came into th Panzer Shoppe & wanted in on th Fun ! I think I can get Her cleaning Roadwheels in no time !! :D )

At first I thought that I would just build this with th doors closed .... Nope ! I just couldn't leave well enough alone. Especially when I got the ROS book from MK.35 . It's an awesome walk-around with a few builds of th Italeri & Dragon kits. A lot of period pix & since They are a French company, They also included the English translation booklet !! :v Also shipping took less than 2 weeks !! (y)
I cut the kit seats out to more "accuratize" the kit. Even the Edward set has a few mistakes in it( too many screens for the tunnel &placement.) I'll replace the seats with a wire frame with AVES apoxy sculpt seat cushions & a pull chain to close the door 9 more on that later). I replaced the void where th seat blocks used to be with some .04 sheet , also attached them to th side of the tunnel. Filled locator holes.

DSC08908.JPG

DSC08909.JPG

RSO_1_interior_shot_.JPG

I filled th holes for the tools & the wipers. I also added the dash from th Edward set. I also had to fill in around the headlight covers with some Mr.Disolved Putty. I also added the screens to th rear of the cab, courtesy of Edward.

DSC08906.JPG

RSO_chassis_with_1120_roadweheels.JPG

DSC08919.JPG
side_by_side_of_Italeri___1120_productions_road_wheels_for_RSO.JPG

These are the road wheels from 1120 productions. Far superior to the Old kit parts. I do however have to trim 2mm off of the torsion bars for the wheels to line up.( it's in the directions for the road wheels!!)

DSC08923.JPG

Here's a shot of the Doors. I made some panels from some very thin Evergreen sheet. Pulled th door handels from an ICM Kafer kit & scratched th window cranks & arm rest out of styrene bits. I still need to add th pull chain that's located just below the window.

DSC08925.JPG

These slates came in the Edward set. I'll add a few of the outer slates to give 'er some Character !

That's about it for now. ... I have noticed that I need to deal with an issue ..... The front sprockets are out of tow..... Any hints on fixing this ? I'll load up some pix ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivw1W4aD2A8

:erik

Hey Guys ,

Thanx for th kind words ! Work ... I had been working out of Town - Gettin up @ 3am to do th Commute up to Northern V.A. With th Heat & th 12-14 hour work days .... left Me a little Flat ... Very little Bench Time & little energy to even get on th Net .. (blasphemy ... I know ! ) But that may soon change !!

Thanx Guys !! Glad to be back !!

:erik

The RSO....you gotta love these little Schleppers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9OuVEo5PXw&feature=player_detailpage

Looking forward to the next steps,Erik! :popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

Cool model Erik, one of my favorite vehicles. Kudos to you for taking on the
old kit, but I think I'll wait for the new DML one...hope they get it right.

Good to see you back,
Tom

The RSO....you gotta love these little Schleppers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9OuVEo5PXw&feature=player_detailpage

Looking forward to the next steps,Erik! :popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

Ron , I love that Video .. That Schlepper can really get it ! I'm surprised how fast it can move !! Where is th Video from ??

Hey WDS, TomN , & CHUK ,

Thanx for th kind words. @ TomN - Ya' know once I started this I saw that DML released a poster of it ..... Oh Well Hopefully They'll get th interior correct. There are 2 tool boxes, on either side of the Interior under th seats , that I need to scratch build or source.

I'm also lookin for th Aber Kit for the AFV Club Kit of the Sd.Kfz 11 late ? It has th P.E. for the rear cargo bed that I want. I just can't find a reliable source for ABER here in th states .... I tried Air Connection once .... It took 6 months to get it ... I really don't want to wait that long again .... Aber # PE 35131 .

Thanx for any & all Help !

Back