• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Schlangenschwarm Fw-190

ErnieS

This will be my entry. I thought of doing a VFC-111 F-5, but the nearly finished Classic Airframes F-5A sitting on my table has made me question whether or not I really want to face another F-5 build at the moment. Instead I thought I would go a little further back in time and do this aircraft first. The kit being used is the DML 1/48th Fw-190A-8 kit and Eagle Editions decals. I will have to source new decals for the fuselage numbers as the ones on the sheet are incorrect, but I will deal with that when the time comes.

001~1.JPG

003~0.JPG

002~1.JPG

004.JPG

Hope to get started on this soon!
Ernie

Cool. Looking forward to this. One of my favourite aircraft. What markings do you need?
James

Cool. Looking forward to this. One of my favourite aircraft. What markings do you need?
James

I will need either a pair of "11"'s or a pair of "6"'s that are black with a thin red outline. New photos show the numbers to be this way vs. the solid red provided on the Eagle Editions decal sheet. Photos have confirmed that aircraft No.s 11 and 6 were A8's so I am going to do one or the other of those two depending on what I can find for decals.
Ernie

That's the Pips Priller kit, right? Be careful with the landing gear...it was a bit fiddly for me ;)

James

I will need either a pair of "11"'s or a pair of "6"'s that are black with a thin red outline. New photos show the numbers to be this way vs. the solid red provided on the Eagle Editions decal sheet. Photos have confirmed that aircraft No.s 11 and 6 were A8's so I am going to do one or the other of those two depending on what I can find for decals.
Ernie

Sorry, the only ones I have that black with a red outline are 7's for a Fw 190-A8 of 7/Jg 300.

James

Ah Fw-190 my favorite axis plane! :popcorn
Dragon kit is not easy to build like Tamiya but the model have very nice detail. I have eduard in my stash but I will buy one Italeri (Dragon tool) B)

All the best!
Dusan.

I gave up on the Eduard 190, engine panel alignment was nasty as well as that hump on the wing over the gun. But I did enough of it to know I really want to do another one. Good luck... :popcorn

Back