• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Russian Tank Unhitching Log

Skinny_Mike

Hi Guys!

I have been kind of heads down on a few projects and have run into a bit of a snag. I am doing the detail work on my Meng T-90 and I need to do something about the unhitching log on the back of the tank. Does anyone have advice on finishing techniques to get it to look like a log and not like a tan dowel?

Here's a quick snap of the offending part...

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 11.41.53 PM.png

Thanks for the help!
Mike

I like the oils method

From what I have seen they painted over them. So leave it green. Either leave it as an unused log or do spot ts of wood where it has seen use and then dust and mud type weathering. First is not a T-90 but hopefully shows what I mean.
1627649274276.png

1627649302571.png

I hope that helps a little.
James

From what I have seen they painted over them. So leave it green. Either leave it as an unused log or do spot ts of wood where it has seen use and then dust and mud type weathering. First is not a T-90 but hopefully shows what I mean.
View attachment 140073
View attachment 140074
I hope that helps a little.
James

Thanks for posting this T-90 photo James - I see couple things I need to go fix, not the least of which is the tow cable length!

Looks good, be sure to speckle and splash it with kicked up mud and dirt when you weather. :vgood:

Back