• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rudementary weathering

jknaus

Administrator
I thought I would post this for those of us who are relative newbies to weathering and anyone who builds pristine vehicles, but wants to take the next step. It is very simple and I did this for a lot of years. Use a 20/80 mix of Tamiya buff and water (or 99% alcohol) with a bit of tamiya flattening agent and spraying from about 3 or 4 inches away dust onto the model. Don't saturate it. This will blend the cam all together and looks good. As you get more confident change the mixture and dust over areas where there would be more dirt like behind wheels.

This is an intermediary step for those who might be intimidated by the more advanced stuff like me. hope this helps some.
James

Interesting and simple technique; the same mix (or perhaps more diluted yet) can be used for rainmarks too, applied by brush in vertical lines

Thanks for sharing

Darío

Back