• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RQ-7B UAV IDF Academy 1/35 (Re-Deux Details)

RQ-7B UAV IDF Academy 1/35 (almost Finished)

Good job Gerry, :good:

Luiz

Thanks Luiz ... in looking over the photos I see lots of touch up needed ... I'm my own worst critic so the little deals under the horizontal stab ... I think are in the wrong place ... I must look on the net for better photo of that area and the seam line on the blue pipe must go ... Then spray with future & decals ... :pilot

Fellers I was right the destructions were very vague so from now on I'll check for walk around photos I think I can make this right ... hang tight ... very tiny pieces ... :skipper :pilot :woohoo:

RQ-7B UAV IDF Academy 1/35

Ok Re-dux ... Re-Boot what ever details ... Details ... details AMS is coming this weekend to a bench near you ... going to be in the Seventies Here painting may be an option ... Must get silly putty ... :woohoo:

Remember this area ??? ... :hmmm

h9c364ae_2016-01-29.JPG

I decided that these two pieces are on wrong so ... off they go !!!

ha476015.JPG

I need to clean & putty these holes ....

hcfcc433.JPG

need to clean up this area a bit ... these blue hoses are very tiny but need scrapping ...

ha5d5a4f.JPG

So I'll add linkages to this area and to the horizontal stabs ... where I removed those two bitty parts ...

hfa4471c.JPG

Also I need to make this better ... I did it all wrong ... The silver should be outside the hole ...

hccb2a9c_2016-01-29.JPG

So stay tuned Big AMS changes coming ... Same Drone Channel ... Same Drone thread ... Cheers Gerry !!!

Well al-righty then We'll go ahead full steam .... Ok some new photos

Pre-paring Rear Stab ...

h04fbdd1.JPG

h0089890.JPG

h2ddafea.JPG

All Motor parts came off so I can redo this power plant ...

ha5d5a4f_2016-01-30.JPG

hd68c6bc.JPG

Then my Camera area needs work ....

h390896b.JPG

he989a01.JPG

I cut some new shinny stuff ...

hb9a9754.JPG

h71892cb.JPG

hc9a95af.JPG

h6923b17.JPG

There you go I looked for my Glue for two days now ... So also this weekend some new tool holders are in order ... C-ya later tonight ...

C&C Welcome .... :pilot

Time for a update ... I've been working on the area around the camera lens ...

hc28a329.JPG

h87013fc.JPG

After sanding the camera dome ... I added the black decal around the glass ...

h6f8f1b8.JPG

hdc88bae.JPG

hdc473b3.JPG

That all I've done ... fixin to get back to it ... Just not enough time in the day ... My Truck is still being repaired ...

Maybe a coat of Future inside that ring will make it nice and shiny. :popcorn

Maybe a coat of Future inside that ring will make it nice and shiny. :popcorn

Thanks MP great ideal ... I think it looks better than silver paint ... the Future may do a glass look ... I just couldn't do silver paint ... :hmmm

I just noticed this build. I have LOADS of reference images (in case you're interested). It'll keep you busy for a while longer. Note that there are several models in service (different wings and small details).

hdfe38a1.jpg

Markings that can use the kit decals:

ha508c7d.jpg

Regards,

That's great Saul ... :woohoo: ... I haven't gotten to the Sharkmouth just yet ... still trying to get the paint right ... The kit has those shark teeth ... I like the red stripes on the booms think I'll add those thanks for the under the hood photo ... More Pics please ... I'm fixing to try for the wing controls ... :pilot

Looks good Gerry,

That fix to the camera looks great!

:popcorn

Thanks Warren ... this thing is below my size even though it is a 1/35 ... kinda hard for my big fingers to work on ... at least spring is coming and the Hanger will warm up a bit ... (y) :woohoo:

Back