• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RoG GTK Boxer

I like it. I think when you start weathering the brown will tone down some and be just what you wanted. How will you deal with the short shots? Drybrush or respray. Just curious as I'm not sure what the best method is and I have the same problem on one of my kits.
James

The colors came out ok. It is just that the brown spots aren't jagged enough. I might just touch the short shots up with a brush. That way I can keep the sharp edge without doing lots of re-masking.

Joe

UPDATE: RoG GTK Boxer

Thanks Terry. I spend the weekend applying a gloss coat, adding the decals and trying out some of the AK interactive washes and filters.I don't want to go overboard with weathering since the Boxer is only a couple of years in service. I have the weapons station, tires and a few small parts left. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Joe

Boxer-4.jpg

Boxer-3.jpg

Boxer-2.jpg

Boxer-1.jpg

Looking good. Probably a silly question but what is the yellow rectangle with red lines?
James

Thanks guys. Just had a major set back. When I installed the wheels one of the axle stubs snapped like a dry twig. I have it glued back on and hopefully it will be enough.

James, That is an Air recognition Panel.

Joe

Nice work Joe!
That camo came out real nice. Really like it.
Watching.

cheers,

Bill

DONE RoG GTK Boxer

Thanks guys. I finally got her done. Was an enjoyable build for the most part. I must say the Boxer is huge compared to a Stryker. I still had some AFV Club anti-reflection stickers which I used on the periscopes. Anyway here are the pic.

Joe

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

Looks great, Joe- cheers! These monster trucks of today's militaries are just such cool subjects. :soldier

Thanks guys. Now I want to try the Hobbyboss version of the Boxer even though it depicts one of the Prototype Vehicles.

Joe

Back