• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RoG GTK Boxer

Leopard2

I am in.

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

Of course you realize, you need an open box shot with your start up pix? :D :coolio

OK, time to add another model to my started stash. Here are the first pics. I worked mostly on the suspension the last cpl days. And still not done. Almost have the parts of the kit are just suspension and wheels...ugh. The plastic on this kit is very soft. Also the detail leaves a little to be desired.There are some fir issues as well with some gaps in areas that are impossible to fill but won't be seen once the model is done or so I hope.

Joe

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

Here is another update. I got the mission module almost done.Just a few small bits and pieces to be added. Same for the remote weapons station. The drivers station is the only interior detail and its fairly sparse, not even a dashboard or instruments.But much won't be seen anyway.So far this kit is ok, not quite up to the likes Trumpeter and cohorts, but I am not complaining for the price. First I wanted to paint it in the desert camo that the German Army uses in Afghanistan but I still have problems identifying the correct colors so it will be standard NATO 3-color.

Joe

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

Ok, I am about ready to throw some paint on. Only parts left are fragile parts like mirrors, aerials and wheels.

Joe

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

Got the first paint on. Next will be masking with silly putty, then the black paint, more silly putty and touch up on the green.

Joe

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

UPDATE: RoG GTK Boxer

Got the camo sprayed. I used silly putty again. It came out better than on the K-9 but still not happy with it. Especially the brown spots. I also had some spots not covered completely. Well, pratice makes perfect.

Joe

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

Back