• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rocket truck

modelguru

I have been working on a new V-2 rocket truck conversion based on dragons sdkfz-7 . So far I have the inital rough in stages done ........believe me these angles were a beast to get done.

010-10.jpg

009-12.jpg

008-15.jpg

007-12.jpg

006-16.jpg

Moved this to the proper forum modelguru. Looks very cool. Are you going to pose it with a V-2? Also do you have plans you are working from or did you make your own. I have wondered about some of the specialty vehicles for the V-2 for a while now and am interested in this. Looks good, (y) I'll keep an eye on it.
James

Thanks James
Actually this is the rough in for a master that I am going to cast as a limited run conversion . Yes I am working from scale drawings/plans. There are several other V-2 support vehicles I am in searh of the scale plans for ..... it may just be an issue where I have to do the scale conversion from photos. Then again i have never backed down from a challenge.

Hey I remember that vehicle. Awesome work so far. I hear you about the angles. I did this scratch built commission model 8 years ago...angles..:gogo

080204004.jpg

080204006.jpg

I planned to do the one your working on but those darn angles :gogo :gogo

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com
info@scratchmod.com

'GURU,

That's good looking stuff ! I'll be watching to see how this turns out .... Now for th other question .... Interior ?

ERIK

Thanks Rob
Its coming along I am working out of town as usual so I have done this sitting in a hotel room ...... I dont have everything with me that I needed . After I got out of the dentist yesterday I needed something to concentrate on to take my mind off of the tooth issue so I pulled out my plans and started cutting ..... before that I had to do the build up on the sdkfz 7 ....... so needles to say i became a little obsesed with it . My wife calls it getting in the zone . When I go there the rest of the world does not exist ....... I become one with the styrene .
I will keep posting as I go .............. I am also planning a full interior which is actually spartan and the launch trailer.

Back