• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Road Warriors Signup

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Rollin' along with the Road Warriors!

Sign up here with what you're going for, remember, no Technicals or improvised vehicles, only specifically designed AFV wheeled vehicles.

Here's our Ribbon, again, big thanks to our Editor in Chief John Marcus for whipin' these out.

roadwarrior_ribbon.png

Claim the ribbon only on completion of your build.

Code:
[img]https://www.modelersalliance.com/images/badges/roadwarrior_ribbon.png[/img]

Starts June 1, 2012 and ends Dec 31, 2012 (if the Mayans were wrong)

List of participants:

1. Bagge: SAS Jeep by Italeri
2. SA Dave: SAS Jeep by Tamiya
3. lupanzer: SAS Jeep by CyberHobby
4. MrT: WC51 Weapons Carrier and M3A1 White Scout Car
5. Leopard2: Boxer

Here is my contribution to this campaign, a fully armoured Willy's jeep, it will be a jeep ready for some winter battle with snow chains.
P1070793.JPG

//Mats

It's tomorrow somewhere! :D Please clarify the definition of AFV.

Guess we'll have to wait for Terry on this.

My understanding is wheeled Armored Fighting Vehicles.

Like the Soviet BTR series or the Stryker family.

Something that was designed from the drawing board to be a wheeled fighting vehicle.

Something that was designed from the drawing board to be a wheeled fighting vehicle.

Ok no tracks. Project must have only wheels. Must be a factory produced and armed vehicle. That means no improvised stuff like African pickups and Vietnam gun trucks. A wheeled vehicle pulling a gun does not make the vehicle armed. The weapon must be mounted on the vehicle.

Terry B)

Ok no tracks. Project must have only wheels. Must be a factory produced and armed vehicle. That means no improvised stuff like African pickups and Vietnam gun trucks. A wheeled vehicle pulling a gun does not make the vehicle armed. The weapon must be mounted on the vehicle.

Terry B)

Well...this begs the question, what about the SAS Jeep?

:unsure: please!
well if the sas jeep don't work i have a normal jeep with a .50 cal in 1/24 that i can make :D
//Mats

All jeeps had a factory fitted position to add a 12,7 browning. The SAS jeeps in Europe were all standardised and there was extensive re-engineering done by company reps to do this. The Horch had a factory fitting for an machine gun but the AA Gun was used extensively in the same position in Africa.

As to my SAS Jeep here is what Terry said.
Dave that's perfect!! (y)

B)

Back