• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell's 1/72 U-Boot VII C "Wolf Pack"

Looks great Laurence, moved this out to Shipbuilders forum so it's not so far down in the list of things.

:popcorn

Thank you for your kind words Gents, it means a lot (y)

Here's a sample of me playing with photos - pretty new to this software, GIMP, but it looks like a very potent little thing, jam packed with features.

hc4e8d3e.jpg

Thanks for watching,

Laurence

Well, it has been a while since the last update, so, time for some news.

This is what it looks like now, the only thing missing is the deck cannon, snapped off but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

The antennae, that was a challenge and a half. The kit has the most inadequate antennae wires and isolators that I could have ever imagined, otherwise I can't fault it. Turned out to be a pain to get it in a reasonable state. Steel wire, brass tubes cut to size and the rest of it.

hf201de5.JPG

h3bcbb1b.JPG

h2c2d17a.JPG

There a plaque at the front and I am working on some letters that will go on the opposite side.

Next update should be the final one for this project that took over 18 months.

Thanks for watching,

Laurence

(y)
Fantastic diorama Laurence. You have done a mighty job on the ocean and the waves breaking over the deck.
Well done mate - a really hard subject to nail, which you have done! :dude
Could you add a little more exposure to the photo's though as they are very dark (don't use a flash - just run it through a photo program).

Ian.

(y)
Fantastic diorama Laurence. You have done a mighty job on the ocean and the waves breaking over the deck.
Well done mate - a really hard subject to nail, which you have done! :dude
Could you add a little more exposure to the photo's though as they are very dark (don't use a flash - just run it through a photo program).

Ian.

Thanks Ian, you know that your work is an inspiration to many, myself included :D

Those photos were taken at dusk, unfortunately, and I have not had the time to photoshop them. I don't use a flash at all - trying to take them when there's enough daylight, bit hard in winter.

If you can make it to Canberra this year, you will see this one up close and personal, and I would more than welcome your opinion when you see the real thing.

:drinks

Laurence

Back