• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

REVELL P-47M IN 1/72

Actually no, you don't have to seal it. If it was coming off I think you may have been too far away when spraying it and it actually dried on contact. Some of it you do have to polish but not seal.

Looks good. :popcorn

Alclad can rub off if you handle it too much, but I usually plan around that. Sealing it will usually dull the shine, although I haven't tried their Aquagloss Clear. Looks like you can show this one who's boss. :pilot

Actually no, you don't have to seal it. If it was coming off I think you may have been too far away when spraying it and it actually dried on contact. Some of it you do have to polish but not seal.

Looks good. :popcorn

When I took it back to da' house and masked it with Tamiya tape...it came off with the tape! I re-sprayed the areas taped, but the gorgeous base was ruined. Also, when I sprayed the model with Alclad dullcoate thinking hat would seal it, and then sprayed the two colors of camo with masking between, as this was over the alclad, about 5-10% of it came up as well, also sticking to the tape. Next time I do BMF, I am going to use a gloss black base (remember, my base was Tamiya flat white primer), then Alclad, THEN Tamiya Clear (that stuff is like spraying plastic, though it takes a long time to dry).

Also i think my pressure here was too high, I may dial it down for better spraying, but it is a learning process!

COMPLETE!!!!! Here we have one dirty P-47M, ready to hit Hitler with everything "The Jug" could throw at them!

ha4f8bc4.JPG

ha89ad71.JPG

hbf1a11f.JPG

hb10b30c.JPG

h8dbf896.JPG

hf253035.JPG

h58f9c25.JPG

Thanks! That blue camo was FUN! I sued the little $1.80 bottles of Testors enamel for it!

Back