• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/76 Monty's Caravan

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
Greetings ladies & gents

This is my submission to this campaign, the Revell 1/76 Monty's caravan - Leyland Retriever & Scout car. Never done anything smaller than 1/48 so this will be a good exercise.

Start pic below

hf170ab4.JPG

Cheers,
Laurence

:popcorn

Do you know by any chance if this is a re-boxing of the old Matchbox model?
Matchbox used to have a line with 1:76 models with instant diorama bases.

:soldier Laurence.

Greetings,Ron.

i had that old monogram kit! sure will follow this one :popcorn

when do we see one in 1/35?

//Mats

Ron, I have no idea, sorry. Saw this kit at my local shop and I thought I'd give it a go, never done anything in this scale.

Mats, 1/35 is my fav scale, I'd love to do a little dio around british desert warfare, my other half would be proud and supportive (not that she is not anyway) :pp

Back in the day I did the old Matchbox kit And yes Ron Revell took over all the molds from Matchbox when they folded. They have recently been repopping those old molds with the small diorama bases I recently got an M16 with its little base.

My Caravan turned out crap when I was 10 But I loved it Will be watching this one :drinks

Thanks Dave - so far so good, just minor cleaning of parts. That's why Revell is one of my fav brands B)

Onward it is :D

Progress pics - caravan getting there, the scout car not so much, but working on it.

h888be6a.JPG

h07e1417.JPG

Laurence

I never thought I'd struggle so much with a Revell kit :vmad

Wasn't dreadful but far from enjoying it and I have to say I won't be doing 1/72 again in a hurry.

I know the whole kit was a small dio actually, I will only claim the truck though. The three figures and some small items (barrels etc) will be used for another project that is very dear to me.

Sorry if this disqualifies me from getting the badge, I'll leave it up to the judges.

Laurence
he8d4d28.JPG

h5e3f257.JPG

I know the whole kit was a small dio actually, I will only claim the truck though. The three figures and some small items (barrels etc) will be used for another project that is very dear to me.

My GB idea you qualify - go get your ribbon (y)

would of liked to see this on a small dio board, old picture frame sort of thing. I know you woild of made a good one!

I seen your German repair truck in the latest Model Art mag too.

:drinks

Thanks Phil, appreciate it :notworthy

Did you say last ModelArt and Repair Truck ? I had no idea Frank published it.

Cheers,

Laurence

Thanks James & Bob, I have only just realised there was another page where you posted, thanks guys.

Bob, I know, you're right, but I had to be honest about this (y)

Laurence

I think you did very well. Yes, this is the old Matchbox kit as Dave said. I built one myself some years ago; I even built the interior! I enjoyed this, but I can also understand the difficulty if you don't normally build in this scale. You model is exceptional given the fact that it's your first in this scale. I'd say you earned your badge.

Thanks Mark, appreciate it :notworthy

I got some interior stuff done too, the windows are Micro Kristal, some maps on the walls etc and then I realised you cannot see inside because it's so small. I was thinking 1/35th ....

A shadowbox showing the interior would be great though with all the stuff Monty had there ...

Laurence

Nice job, Laurence- you've certainly earned the ribbon. I look forward to what you do with the Dingo!

Thanks Chuk :notworthy

The dingo might turn out to be something totally different to what it was supposed to be. Not sure yet, but I do have a dio in mind, that little thing might be part of it.

Laurence

Back