• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Retro - refit

Cheyenne

This is the frist scratch structure that I built , eary/mid 90's .
I'm thinking of removing the shake shinge roofing and making slate diamond pattern roofing .
Hopefully the plan I have for this dio will be very cool , ......... provided I can pull it off and devote the time to it .
No more side jobs or weekend work . I'm done !!! I'm going to work my 40 and relax at the bench , I was burning myself out and I'm to old for that !!!

Nuff about that , here's the retro bridge .........
Alot of green horn mistakes , the stone work doesn't meet on the corners [ Ivy ought to cover that ] , some timbers need reworking , the metal work needs support on the bottom , I've already mentioned the roof , I guess that's it , .......... wait till ya see what I'm gonna do ........... ;)

That looks cool glenn. So what was the premise for this dio? Good to hear your going to get more "Me" time. The money is nice but there comes a time you just need to scale back.
James

Hey Glenn,
Good to hear you will have more benchtime,really looking forward to this project! :popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

I would be happy with what you have but then you have more talent than I do!

Regards,

Thanks guys , feels good to be sittin at my desk an tinkerin .

James , the original idea was to have this pretty much stand alone with a vehicle on the bridge .

Good Lord , I forgot how tedious this can be , reworked the roofing , started adding the slate [ cut basswood 1/2 inch squares ] and removed the floating in air iron work from under the bridge road timbers .
Slow goes it but it's a goin .

Oh , my daughter graduated High School , one down , one to go .......

Congratulation little one!

Bridge is looking good also. Love the look on the dude's face with his cup of joe..speaking of which..:java

Thanks Mike , MP , I took another retro bit to add to the current re-fit .
This stairwell came from a train station I was building , ...... now it'll be morphed into this build .

Back