• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Resin Bust 200 mm.

Le2

The other day I found a house near the cave that sell old things, disappointments, masks, magazines etc as well ...!!!! Several figures in resin and lead! The glory because they have lots of archers and Napoleonic era gentlemen something that always interested me. I could not resist and I take this to have some fun on my vacation.

It is a resin copy of a bust. The truth is the first to do so besides being happy with the new challenge I hope I come all the advice possible in order to address it well. Here are the images.

Box
img0263zj.jpg

Resin Kit
img0264jk.jpg

I am following these references.
Forum Link reference.

busto_hoplita_01.jpg

YH1809.jpg

http://www.miniaturasjm.com/obras-maestras-bustos/busto-de-un-hoplita-spartano/
http://www.toy-in.com/vmchk/Bust/YH1809-Resin-model-kit-1/10-SPARTAN-B.C-480.html

The figure is painted almost entirely in oils.
I leave some photos like this from time to not bore you with the initial processes and again a clarification.
1. It is the first one I jajjajaa [/ B]

The last pics of the proyect.
img0444l.jpg

img0446k.jpg

img0448mq.jpg

img0449nf.jpg

img0450ao.jpg

img0451hz.jpg

img0452b.jpg

img0456kc.jpg

img0457ty.jpg

PD is now including some difficult it is to make the grid on the hull. Idea 1> redrawn in illustrator and tables as one of the references and then print to scale and mask ... but if someone thinks otherwise welcome as any kind of advice.

Greetings and thanks for stopping by.

Not sure how I missed this yesterday. Really nice work Le2, looks like you are capturing the expression on his face very well.

Friends thanks for the encouragement. I had time these days and I was trying to improve a little bit of everything. I have worked in the front trying to have more volume and presence. In the volumes of the c layer something else on the face and helmet. To see how they look.

img0482n.jpg

img0473jq.jpg

img0474rp.jpg

img0475lb.jpg

img0476t.jpg

img0478q.jpg

img0480r.jpg

While much still remains. Tips whatever tips welcome.

Thanks x pass.

LE2,

Hells F'n Yeah !! :ro: :ro: This Rox !! I really dig th "Paul Newman " blue eyes !! WoW ! Great job !

I saw leave it You nailed it !! I also like th idea in th earlier shot of having some Blood spatter on th Armor !!

ERIK

Good friends with all thanks x the minds! Taking advantage of my last days at home. Are the pictures I think I'll leave her face so badly and I do not see scares me and ruin and worst will not look anything x helmet but I amused myself and learned a lot with it.

Some work on the hull and basntante duster in the helmet and breastplate with the technique of pointillism and something else in the leather band.

img0485at.jpg

img0488wl.jpg

img0489lz.jpg

img0490w.jpg

img0493du.jpg

img0495li.jpg

img0496dx.jpg

img0494z.jpg

img0499k.jpg

The welcome that comes to mind is the time.

Greetings and thanks for passing.

I think you've done a fantastic job. Looks very nice to me. I've been scared to death to try a bust, but a friend in Greece sent me one. Maybe I'll give it a try now. Well done. (y) (y)
James

Well I do not know what else to do so will give for finish. Im really happy whit the process and how it looks and more thinking it is the firs 1-10 figure i do.

img0502rx.jpg

img0506z.jpg

img0508tt.jpg

img0509js.jpg

img0511li.jpg

A greeting and thanks.

Back