• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Resin agony

Zlikovac

I have one regular problem in enormous quantity.
When i try to make resin copy of some parts, i have to many bubbles, "cold boil" in mega scale.
I try hairdryer, and he s work, but insufficiently. I don have money for Baro comor and similar exotic. I use german Rai-Ro resin. Please sugest me solution or another mark of resin.
Any advice is very, very welcome!

The bubbles are caused by a lack of vacuum (or reverse pressure) to pull them out. Depending on the size of the copy being made, you can add just a little resin at a time making sure the mold sides are covered before filling it up slowly. Place on a vibrating motor (like an airbrush compressor) to help dislodge (loosen) bubbles and hope they rise on their own.

Here is an excellent article on resin casting but the author admits at using expensive procedures (click on picture to see article):

Regards,

Vacuum is good for degasing, but what about positive pressure to make sure the mold is totally filled with resin?

Back