• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Renault Ft, 1/16 scale.

Tim A.

Next project. Takom's 1/16 scale Renualt FT.
This was Takom's first ever release. When I opened the box I was glad to see that mine is the later molding, done in grey plastic. The original was done in a maroon, not a big deal, just kinda weird.

The box art shows it in the French service with the colored marking on the hull. I plan on doing mine in the American tank service, during the 1918 Meuse-Argonne offensive which was commanded by, at that time L. Colonel George S Patton. Patton adapted the French identification playing card markings, but moved them to the turret as he said they were easier to see.
20240403_192249.jpg
Screenshot_20240327_195159_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240327_195430_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240327_213304_YouTube.jpg

Check out that squared jaw buster back on Tank 2. I bet he didn't take no gruff off no slackers.

Looking forward to this Tim. :soldier
That tank is from the 4th Company 2nd platoon.
Since Penny said I had to put the heart on mine, and it has the Girod turret, that this kit comes with, the qoute- "square jaw buster's" tank is the one I'm doing.

Ok, here we go. First of all, this kit is a challenge. The parts are provided for sure, but there is some slop when it comes to lining them up with each other so that everything fits correctly. Especially with the transmission to the deck, get it off and it'll throw everything out of whack. I decided to temporarily get the engine, transmission, and radiator on the deck before gluing up the transmission. It was a bit of a pain, but I think it's right. There is a lot of parting lines and injector pins to sand or fill as well.
The transmission will be completely hidden under the fuel tank and a vertical bulkhead. However the engine bay can be seen so I'm detailing it up a bit. I've scratchbuilt a new magneto, and will add wiring. Ideally I would've liked to have painted the engine disassembled, but the parts fit so poorly that I would rather have a good fitting engine, and trust my painting skills.
This kit is going to fight at every step, but I think it'll build into a nice model.
1000007352-01.jpeg
1000007359-01.jpeg

Take it slow and do sub assemblies. I know I'm not telling you anything, looking good so far. :soldier
I'm subbing, and going as slow as I can...haha.
It's a cute little engine. The real one had about thirty some horsepower. I think it would fit in our lawnmower.

Back