• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Remember Pearl Harbor

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
80 years ago today. :salute:
7a.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so glad the memorial is open again. It was the most somber experience staring through the waters at the submerged coffin. :salute:

By a crazy twist of fate, December 7th was also the day I stepped off the bus at RTC Great Lakes. A day to remember on multiple levels.

Last edited:
Our oldest Pearl Harbor survivor, Clayton Schenkelberg, of Carroll Iowa, "Went West" at the ripe old age of 103 on 2 May, 2021. His brother Jerry was aboard USS Nevada when she made her dash, under attack, for the open sea from Battleship Row. Clayton was stationed at the submarine base.

Our 80th anniversary of Pearl Harbor Remembrance day was rather lightly attended. I'm sure the harsh December temperatures kept many in warmer places this morning. I met AMVETS Post 2 Commander Dale Purdy. He gave me his program since I took a break from my busy workday to attend. I was proud to represent American Legion Squadron 572 at these proceedings. One of these days I will join these Men for lunch at their Post.
20211207_115344.jpg20211207_164758.jpg20211207_164805.jpg20211207_164751.jpg20211207_164856.jpg
I hope Commander Purdy isn't missing his ticket stub from the Region 4 dinner in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We must never forget Pearl Harbor. In those days the threat from our enemy came from outside our country. These days, the enemies are of a domestic nature. The threat to our liberty and American way of life is almost as dire.

Tonight's activities will include a fresh, hot, pot of Red Stew, Raising glasses to our Servicemen & Women, and the traditional viewing of "Tora! Tora! Tora!"

That's a riveting account. I have a copy of the 8 December newspaper in my Nut Department. History's focus on the day after are mostly focused on the Philippine Islands. The home front doesn't get the press this gentleman illustrates.
We must NEVER forget.
I notice a USCG Officers dress cap on the wall behind him.

Back