• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Re: British infantry tank Mk III Valentine II

That's the way of the world Veerle, start at the bottom and work your way up. (y)

Tony lee

oh yeah! really nice! your valentine will be spiffy once finished and you earn your first campaign ribbon!

Agree with everyone else-- really am enjoying this build!

my building stops for now. Falling on the ground. Wheels and tracks are broken. Dont find the mood for making all that.

What a bummer. I know how you feel, and its a terrible feeling. I hope you'll pick it back up at some point though as your doing an excellent job on it.
James

Oh man, that stinks! I hate when something like that happens. Go reach in your stash and pull out a nice simple kit and build it right out of the box, better yet, grab one of Mats! Maybe one day you'll look at what a great job you were doing and give it a shot at fixing up again, or go with some sort of battle damaged diorama.

thanks guys, yeah, its a very terrible feeling. I think for now i let the building for what it is. Maybe i start later again.
If i do farther with this, than i gonne search the same model that i can fix whats broken.

my building stops for now. Falling on the ground. Wheels and tracks are broken. Dont find the mood for making all that.

Oh do I know how you feel. :(

We see how it goes, i have promised to see if i can put it together again, the tracks are gone but the wheels can be saved and there is always friultracks :)
Yes it's felt so bad seeing all that work in the trashbin last night, i just had to dig it up! (otherwise she start looking at my part of the stash!!)
More news tonight!
//Mats

that indeed stinks! :stinker

fix it mats! this project is too beautiful to go the trashbin way and stall!

if it's not fixable, maybe you could finish teh valentine in it's natural role as wreck? maybe in a dio with a german tank passing by? :D

the wheels are back in place and Veerle ordered a set of friultracks, only thing missing is one spring/chockabsorber, no carpets so it cant be the carpet-monster :) maybe it has some relatives that also eat model parts!!

I lost a part once for a week, until the laundry got done - I found the part in the cuff of my pant leg. Keep looking you will find it in the last place you look!

Well,Veerle...

Alas this is something most of us has happened to. :(
But if I read Mats last post,it seems that your model CAN be saved!

The next text is in Dutch;

In 1992 was er een kleine aardbeving hier in Nederlands Limburg.
Er zijn mij toen 3 modellen van een schap gevallen....Niet meer te repareren.
Frustratie al om. :(
Toen ik weer een beetje bij zinnen gekomen was besloot ik om de 'wrakken' dan maar in een kast te werpen.
Zo krijg je natuurlijk wel reserve onderdelen,die je later TOCH nog eens kunt her gebruiken.Ik vind het zonde om maar alles gelijk in de vuilnis te gooien.
Laat je maar niet ontmoedigen,zulke dingen gebeuren nou eenmaal,en veel modelbouwers hebben dit soort dingen wel eens mee gemaakt!

Groeten,Ron.[Greetings,Ron.]

@ Ron,

mercikes! Ik mis juist nog 1 klein onderdeeltje, nu ben ik genoodzaakt de kamer op te kuisen :angry: hahaha
De nieuwe tracks zijn al besteld, normaal krijg ik ze nog deze week.
En dan terug met volle moed beginnen, he!

Groetjes

And for our english/american speaking friends :)
mercikes! I miss still a small part, so now I'm forced to clean up the room hahaha
The new tracks have already been ordered, usually I get them this week.
And then start again with full courage, hey!

You could not translate 'mercikes',Mats?! :laugh:

It's typical Flemish for 'little thanks'.
Always a bit funny to see our Flemish friends using just a slight bit other word then the Dutch! :D

Groeten,Ron.

:blink :blink

:popcorn

you guys talk all you want, I want PICTURES DAMNIT!!!

:D

Back