• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Re:Academys Merkava II

Tankbuilder

Hi there Guenther.

I don't know why that rear piece was so undersize. I do not see the number Academy Kit 325213 in the sites I use. I see AC 1391 which is the Merkava III but that's a very inaccurate kit ans I see AC 1351 and AC 1359 which are Merkava II kits.

Is it possible that your Legends conversion kit had some of the wrong parts in it? Maybe that rear hull piece was from a different mark of Merkava?

I'll check with some IDF modelling friends and see if any of them had that problem.
Sorry I can't be of more help right now.

Good luck and cheers from Peter

Hi again Guenther.

Here's something I found on an IDF modelling forum, quote: First, the model of the Academy represents the mark 2 and not 2B, it means first required to perform the necessary conversions.

Legend's conversion kit is relatively old and not compatible with the high level we see new Kits. In general, isn’t accurate at all - away from it until new kit will out.
So I decided to do the conversion alone, there are also LIC updates not appear in any such kit - so the only choice ... "Do it yourself" end of quote.

Another modeller replying to the above quote stated: As you said, the Legends update is old and out of date...

Guenther, I have posted on that site asking about your problemsd with the Legends conversion kit. As soon as I hear something from someone there I'll let you know.

Cheers again from Peter

Hi there Guenther.

Just got a reply from an IDF modeller. He says that undersize parts are *VERY COMMON* in Legends kits.

Cheers from Peter

ozelot wrote:
Hy Peter

Thanks for your investigation - wow what a dedication
Snipped:

Hm after looking on some Merkava IIB/C builds (idf-in-scale) Snipped:
thanks again - and keep me informed - if you like

guenther

Hi there again Guenther.

IDF in scale is where I got the information I posted here earlier. Just wanted to help a fellow modeller.

Good luck and cheers from Peter

Back