• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rashida, Mistress of the Mystic Circle

Greg Kimsey

This is Rashida, Mistress of the Mystic Circle from Big Child Creations. Done is oil paints. Thanks @Steve Ski!
DSC_00034W.jpg
DSC_00014W.jpg
DSC_00054W.jpg
DSC_00074W.jpg

Wow, you have been busy, Bro. This looks great, the tones look really good, and not an simple tone to replicate easily . You are mastering this quite nicely, if I do say so myself, and I do!

Ruck On!

Wow, you have been busy, Bro. This looks great, the tones look really good, and not an simple tone to replicate easily . You are mastering this quite nicely, if I do say so myself, and I do!

Ruck On!
I have not painted much brown skin such as this. And, honestly, I took your advice and scrapped the first attempt. I am so glad I did! Thanks for mentoring me through this!

Wow Greg! This looks REALLY GOOD!

For depth of field, you need bright light and the smallest aperture on you camera you can get. I do that with my Nikon and it helps a fair amount.

Wow Greg! This looks REALLY GOOD!

For depth of field, you need bright light and the smallest aperture on you camera you can get. I do that with my Nikon and it helps a fair amount.
Yeah, I had the aperture too big because I wasn't paying attention to anything but shutterspeed since I was hand holding, and was just lazy enough not to go back and find my tripod and re-do LOL.

It looks like your camera shows the texture layers of 3D printing. From their website they are calling this "High Quality Resin".
Where do the layers come from then, I wunda?

It looks like your camera shows the texture layers of 3D printing. From their website they are calling this "High Quality Resin".
Where do the layers come from then, I wunda?
Most likely a resin 3D printer. I think if it were cast resin that they would have it in the description. An 8K resin printer has almost no visible lines. The tech is really good and getting better.

Back