• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rafael M 1/48th scale by Revell of Germany

centaur567

100_7545.JPG

In my opinion, this is one neat looking aircraft and just had to have a kit of it. This kit has had a lot of good reviews and I'm really excited about starting it. Gary S.

Started the cockpit which still needs painting although the seat is painted. Gary S.

Attachments

• 100_7585.JPG
    100_7585.JPG
    363.2 KB · Views: 17
100_7641.JPG
100_7642.JPG
100_7643.JPG
100_7644.JPG
100_7708.JPG
100_7711.JPG
100_7713.JPG

A lot more progress done. Added light blocker to the air intakes. I'm disappointed that intake tunnels and jet turbine fronts were not included. The fuselage went together ok with minor cleanup around the nose. The tail and wings were a perfect fit. To me this plane looks like it was designed by Ferrari and should be painted red. I bet it would look neat painted in Israeli camo. Gary S.

100_7746.JPG
100_7747.JPG
Seems like the decal sheet has a gizzillion small decals. Some are hard to see with the naked eye. So, what's the consensus on using the decals that are hard to see. Do you all skip some of the small ones or does all decals need to be used regardless? BTW it's going to have all 3 drop tanks and a full weapons load. Gary S.

In my case, I'll use those decals that look like some kind of stencil or image; anything that looks like a speck of dust or some other blemish won't be applied. Granted I work in a smaller scale so take this for what it's worth in the context it was meant.
This bird is looking magnificent already. Keep it coming!

I like a fully labeled aircraft if the decals are good registrar and lay now nicely. She's looking sharp as it is so whatever you like to do go for it.

Agreed. I do the same thing in my scale. I've caught myself painting over some stencils that I mistook for a tiny paint splatter or dirt speck. Not worth applying if I paint over them.

Back