• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Problems with decals

joseph

Hi,

I turn to you again for help!

I cough a snag when applying the decals.

As can be seen here, it all crooked and utterly crap! How can I repair this? paint it all over? I have tried with Mr Mark Softener and try to pry it away but they are stuck!

Thanks in advance!
Joseph

They look okay to me. Nothing in the field ever gets applied exactly as planned anyways. But if you want to remove the decals use a good masking tape and lay over top. then pull them up. Must be a regular tack tape and not a low tach as we normally use. That should work.
James

Very irregular surface you're working with. But they are laid down nicely. the bottom white border on the last "1" is missing, might be able to touch that up but like James said, these numbers would not always be perfect anyway.

To chime in too, a little dust, a few scratches and some dirt, you're in business! Making a small relief cut in future builds will help you pull a decal over uneven surfaces. Keep on building! (y)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

The white border is missing because I cut it away :)

This build is one of those 1 step forward and 14 backwards. And since I'm still a newbie (only been doing this for a year) I tend to loose hope.

What I did was that I tried to smooth it out with some Mr Mark Softener, but then a piece came off. 15 minutes with oven cleaner and it's as good as new!

/Joseph

Back