• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Preiser figures 1/35

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Anyone had any experience of using these figures ?

If they arent all that,... would they make good base models for conversions etc etc

well, they aren't that bad when you replace the heads with hornet, the gears and weapons with dml gen2 and improve other details with putty and lead foil!

a big pro are the poses!

I just got some American D-Day time at Nuremberg for a fiver ... So I'm not a figure guy but will try to build two now with some add on from Dragon and Tamiya - so in the end I will have several left. So if you like we can swap something here perhaps - just give some two weeks to decide, which one I will use.

Pictures will come soon.

Preiser has a rather large range. So which 1/35 figures and what are you trying to achieve with the conversion?

The "Academy" figures are nice in terms of proportions if you need a bare figure (and who doesn't need a bare lady? :stinker ) to start your sculpting adventures. That said, you'd do just as well using the academy figures from Helo, Michael Roberts, Colorado, Andrea etc. The key difference being Preiser presents the completed human form whereas the others offer one a head, hands, feet and the wire/etch body frame.

Again, it all depends what you're wanting to do. If all you need is a human form you'd probably do just as well scraping down an old Tamiya figure and adding the detail.

as promised - some pics

this is the set
P1050574_1.jpg

P1050570_1.jpg

P1050571_1.jpg

P1050572_1.jpg

P1050573_1.jpg

Hey thanks Guys and Gals they do look quite nice but I think I am going to take Rudi`s advice and advance from a Tamiya or Dragon kit

Back