• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Posting Photos on this forum

Phil

Photobucket has upgraded - much to my dismay they limited the max pixel size of a posted photo to 1024 wide, I contacted them, no doubt so did alot of other users and complained, now they have given a fix to this by this method

http://support.photobucket.com/entries/21640110-Upload-Size-Options

the fix is the addition of :eek:riginal in the code line

DSC_8181xa1.jpg:original

this photo is 2000 x 1330 pixels.

but with that addition in the code - the image cannot be seen on this forum - two other forums with that addition show the image at 2000 x 1330

now if I remove the code addition

DSC_8181xa1.jpg

my 2000x1330 photo is shown by photobucket here at 1024x680 pixels.

Why does this forum not recognize the : original code addition?

Phil, I would suggest the use of your MA Gallery. You can post pix on other forums and it is easy to use. I use irfanview to edit some of my pictures and the size you have been using on PB will work fine from our gallery.
Try it, you'll like it. B)

Why does this forum not recognize the : original code addition?

cause photobucket sucks...just saying.

this ":eek:riginal" code is not programmed in our BBCode system and frankly, I'm not sure how I would do it. I can't get to photobucket while at work so I can't research what they have done, and I'd rather spend time at home at the bench instead of trying to make Photobucket codes work on the site. I'm sure you can appreciate that Phil.

Like Mike said, just use our Gallery. I promise not to make a change to it that'll mess things up like photobucket has done.

Yep like Bob said, photobucket sucks now. I can't even see photos from there on my tablet anymore. I also started using the gallery here and love it. Works just fine for me.

I'm actually looking into this, just can't see photobucket while I'm at work, it's blocked, so that's really messing me up.

I know this issue of IE not automatically resizing the images to fit the forum frame was fixed at one time in the past. It broke again because if IE update at some point or another.

Hi Bob, i was trying to post some pics from our gallery here on MA on my modelclubs page, but they didn't show up, but well the ones from photobucket!
Must i do something special, should just be to copy the url and use it (did exactly the same with MA gallery and PB).
//Mats

Testing 1 , 2 , 3 ..............

2690263942_116d15ccdc_b_zpsf3e46140.jpg

Well it works for me , photos a tad too large , is that the problem ?

Testing 1 , 2 , 3 ..............

Well it works for me , photos a tad too large , is that the problem ?

Yes, but only if you view the website from Internet Explorer. I've always stated that it's best to view this website, and others with Firefox, IE sucks. :coolio

your pixel size Cheyenne = 1,024px × 846px which is the new pb max size unless you tick a box in the upload options, which will link your posted photos to the size you make them IE 1200 wide pixels.

try posting a photo LARGER than 1024 pixels wide from the new photobucket..........

I use Firefox V 17.0.1

Back