• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Polly S red oxide acrylic

The Zod

This is for the modelers of German armor. Polly S paints has a red oxide acrylic paint out.It is from their railroad colors. I think the Tamiya mix was 50/50 of flat red,and red brown.

Here is a pic of it.

dscn0239.jpg

I have not tried to brush,or airbrush this brand. Testors owns this line now.Maybe Testors has changed the paint makeup now.

I bought some of that paint AND the polyscale Acrylic thinner for airbrushing. Adding the thinner to the paint turned it into a kind of jelly...........I threw the whole lot in the trash and it took me an hour to clean my airbrush. I wouldn't touch it with a 12' barge pole....

iowabrit wrote:
I bought some of that paint AND the polyscale Acrylic thinner for airbrushing. Adding the thinner to the paint turned it into a kind of jelly...........I threw the whole lot in the trash and it took me an hour to clean my airbrush. I wouldn't touch it with a 12' barge pole....

Steve

Was the Polly S paint you used the version Testors owns? Nowadays,the Testors brand acrylic thinner is also good for Polly S paints.

Chad

I've used Isopropyl Alcohol with good results. It's a shame that Testor's changed the Poly-S formula. I've recently shot it into the Interior of My Jagd-Panther G1 late production , that I'm working on. It went on very smooth.

I haven't thought of using Testor's Thinner ... Might give it a Wirl .

ERIK

Back