• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkmouth

Polish Wings 29 - Supermarine Spitfire V vol. 1 by Wojtek Matusiak

I don't know that he did, I just know he told me about flying Spitfires with the Polish squadrons. He worked on my E-Type and I towed gliders for him.

Is there a Victor Swierkowski in there?
Hello. My name is Sonya Swierkowski and I think you’re asking about my grandfather. I recently Google-searched his name and came across this forum. I’m sad to say he died many years ago. My own dad died this last year. I now have lots of my grandfather’s memorabilia- photos and flight log books. I’d love to connect with you if you think any of it would be useful for your project.

Hello. My name is Sonya Swierkowski and I think you’re asking about my grandfather. I recently Google-searched his name and came across this forum. I’m sad to say he died many years ago. My own dad died this last year. I now have lots of my grandfather’s memorabilia- photos and flight log books. I’d love to connect with you if you think any of it would be useful for your project.
Sonya, while my choice on projects is quite varied, I always love to see memorabilia such as you have offered to show us. Please do share these mementoes with us.

Last edited:
Sonya, if it is the same Victor, he was a good friend that I towed gliders for. He had an auto repair shop in Sacramento and I met him when he did some work on an E-Type Jaguar I had.

Hello, again. Sorry, it has been a very busy end of the school year and start of summer. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you'd like any information - I can't upload high quality images here. Sonya.grover@yahoo.com

So yes, it's the same person. I've been working on scanning some of the photos I have and his log books... it's slow going... but here is a photo of a group of flight instructors. I'm not sure if this is the same group as his squadron, but I've always been told that only two of the 50 pilots survived the war.
Victor.jpg

Back