• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PIEDMONT SCALE MODELER'S CONTEST SEPT 17TH !!!

dukwhunter

Hi Guys ,

Two of MA's resident modelers braved the cooler weather to attend the PIEDMONT SCALE MODERLER'S CONTEST in Duncan SC . Chris lacroix aka Phantom II & Joey Dorsey aka Dukwhunter along with a friend of theirs Rick Planton .

The contest was pretty well attended , but none of us entered anything !!! We decided to check out the vendors and there were a few deals to be had .
Unfortunately Bob Britt aka Moonpuppy & Iron Mike aka Mike Trent were unable to attend !!!

Here a few pics

014.JPG

002%7E3.JPG

003%7E1.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

regards
JOEY

Hi Ya Mike ,

Missed you today !!!! Yeah i think Chris got 2-3 1/72 aircraft kits and some decal sheets . Rick bought a Bronco British Archer tank destroyer , Trumpeter 88mm PAK 43 AT Gun , Vulcan models Zunndap Motorcycle with sidecar and a few other things i don't remember . I got a Dragon SdKfz 250/3 GREIF Halftrack (Rommel's one he used in North Africa)

We also ended up going to the Great Escape (spartanburg) afterwards and i eneded up buying a TASCA M4A3E8 Korean war Sherman for $49 (retails for $62) Great escape had a flyer at the show with a coupon for 25% off 1 kit purchased !!! :cheer: :cheer:

That's cool, glad to hear you guys picked up some deals! How many models did they have entered?

Don't let Joey fool you Mike, there was loads of plundering. Nearly had to get a trailer as my trunk was full.

My congratulations to Kelly ( from the Gastonia club ) for the masterfully executed MIG-21 and F-16 .

The two strange faces are rumored to be modelers who did not make it to the show ...! ? ! :sick:

Trying to recruit Indiana Jones ( Rick ) into MA.... :) .

By the way, he has a 1/35 scale PT boat he wants to sell if anyone here has an interest .

Fun day, Christian B)

Hi Guys ,

Got a update from James Moody (Piedmont's Prez) they had around 450 models entered by 80+ modelers , not too bad !!!!

regards
JOEY

I sure wish I were there instead of sunny south FL that day...not that I was enjoying sunny south FL at all.

Great pictures Joey, glad they had a good turn out. Maybe next show.

Back