• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Review: Meng's 72nd Scale G-91R

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Meng's Kit DS-004, the 72nd Scale G-91R Light Fighter Bomber

MengDS004box.JPG

MengDS004decals.JPG

MengDS004sprueAfront.JPG

MengDS004sprueArear.JPG

MengDS004sprueBDfront.JPG

MengDS004sprueBDrear.JPG

MengDS004sprueC.JPG

MengDS004xtra.JPG

Meng makes some really nice stuff. I want to get their Merkava IIID kit in 1/35. I see this jet even has sharkteeth decals for you.

I think they meant that you can build one of two variants with the kit. I wonder if anyone will be complaining that you can't build two variants like it says you can on thye box? ;<)

Cheers

I see this jet even has sharkteeth decals for you.

It is the reason I have this kit, along with this one from Revell:
Revell04635.JPG

There are many schemes for this one:

G-91GinaPortugues04.jpg

G-91ImGinasFAP.jpg

G91TigrePORTUGAL2.jpg

G-91Y32StormoBiersetBlgicaAgosto1990.jpg

G91ITALIA.jpg

Event a two seater, should the kit be released as such (or a conversion made available):

G-91GinaG91T3.jpg

Yet, this one looks too much like an overweight cartoon for my taste:

G91Y.jpg

Regards,

If memory serves me, the Gina was a liscence built light-weight version of the F-86 H. Fiat used an AI radar, of european design. The Sabre was a bit sturdier, and little less agile, but had longer range by just a tick. I like the venomous look of the Gina. No offence to North American Aviation!

If memory serves me, the Gina was a liscence built light-weight version of the F-86 H. Fiat used an AI radar, of european design. The Sabre was a bit sturdier, and little less agile, but had longer range by just a tick. I like the venomous look of the Gina. No offence to North American Aviation!

Chris, the Gina was an indigenous design of Fiat, the winner of a NATO competition in 1953.In 1958 it was announced as the new NATO light weight Strike Fighter. The designer was Guiseppe Gabrielli. It was used by the Italian, German and Portuguese Air Forces.One of the main differences was that the Italian version had 4 .50 cal MG and the German had 2 30mm DEFA Cannons. It also did not have an AI radar, just a Refi. It was never intended to be an interceptor and was exclusively used in the ground attack role.

PS. I learned Aircraft Mechanic on this bird.

I'd like to get two of these. I don't believe I have a German bird yet, and I'd like to build the US version as well. Cool.

Back