• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PE Part needed

Teaker11

Good Day all
Do they sell a generic screen. example for intake on a tank or such. I just cant seem to find one. Every now and then I think it wold be neat to cut the plastic one out and replace. Just an idea. one that you could cut to size.
thanks
jd

On The Mark did do PE screen, to be honest I really don't have a source to point you to.

Possible to try Caboose Hobbies in Denver CO, they do do mail order and the last time I was there they did stock PE screen from a number of companies.

I guess I should say try a well stocked model train store.

Sorry I could not be much help.
Jeff

PE Screen is available from most PE manufacturers. The best for the woven effect is still Aber.

Most companies offer various styles so let me know what you are looking for and I can point you to specific examples.

Regards,

Here is what I am looking for, just a sheet to custon cut where needed
005-26.jpg

I tried Caboose and couldnt really find any thing. A flat screen not woven. I think it would be better that a molded screen and some models dont have PE sets.
thanks
Jim

Teaker11 wrote:
Good Day all
Do they sell a generic screen. example for intake on a tank or such. I just cant seem to find one. Every now and then I think it wold be neat to cut the plastic one out and replace. Just an idea. one that you could cut to size.
thanks
jd

Hi there.

Is there a craft store or a store with a decent craft section near you? If there is you might be able to get some plastic mesh like they use for rug-hooking or embroidery. Come to think of it, the dollar store near me also sells that type of mesh. I have a few sheets of it in different mesh sizes.

Would fine-mesh household screen work for you?

Cheers from Peter

Eduard offers this same type of mesh in several sizes, 4x4, 6x6, and 8x8. They seem to be based on how many squares per unit which I hope is millimeter. So, measure the one you have and order accordingly:

Set 00105 Mesh - gauze/Square 8x8
Set 00106 Mesh - gauze/Square 6x6
Set 00101 Mesh - gauze/Square 4x4

Regards,

I gotta go with the sugestion from tankbuilder on this one. If what you showed is what you are looking for I would think that paying for solid brass photo etched down to that is a tremendous waste of money, when you could get the same thing from a hardware store window screen department for at least 1/50th the cost.For about $5 you could get a piece that is about 1meter by 2 meters.

And also the suggestion of going to a craft/art supply store is another great suggestion.They have hundreds of things at great prices.

Gary B)

Back