• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer IV H, Normandy, old dog Tamiya

Zlikovac

Ok guys, this will be long jurney. I try to solve some holes in my skill (scratch build, soldering and similar), and make one buty from Tamiya Panzer IV from 1975.
Target is:
pzkpfwivausfh1.jpg

pzkpfwivausfh2.jpg

Firt is a massacre of resting RC part, holes and similar.
Next i make zimmerit on lower part, only clear part for work in this moment
panzerivh003.jpg

panzerivh001.jpg

Some welds
panzerivh004.jpg

panzerivh007.jpg

Well, time is for interior
panzerivh012.jpg

panzerivh013.jpg

panzerivh015.jpg

panzerivh016.jpg

panzerivh017.jpg

panzerivh023.jpg

panzerivh024.jpg

panzerivh025.jpg

panzerivh026.jpg

panzerivh027.jpg

Any comment is welcome.

Cheers!

Fantastic stuff. I look forward to watching this build. All that scratching is just awesome. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

When i start this old dog, i decide to make so many part, without resin, even i already have Verlinden and CMK. I realy wanna modify them. Second reason is of course, i wanna scratch somethin serious, first time in my life.
When i see quality of some scratch masters, i realy glad be cause im not provoked ridicule.
My skill realy dont follow my will, but practice is necessary, is it?
Thank you for positive comments, this give me strenght for more.

Cheers

My skill realy dont follow my will, but practice is necessary, is it?

Cheers

We're in the same boat brother... :D

I have enough practice I may open office at some point.

Ridicule? HA! That's a thing of the past here, we have anything like that here now we'll deal with it in short order, trust me.

It's all about sharing the hobby. Looking at what you have demonstrated so far I'm thrilled you've shared it with us. :drinks

:popcorn following with interest what you do to this old "dinosaur" :D
great job on the scratchbuilding so far!
//Mats

Ok, lets play. Part 1
Ammo boxes final version, real storage for granate, movable, of course
panzerivh029.jpg

panzerivh030.jpg

Some small parts:
panzerivh031.jpg

panzerivh032.jpg

More parts:
panzerivh035.jpg

panzerivh036.jpg

Driver visio:
Genial draw of one RC master:
panzerivh039.jpg

Unfinished (wait for clear resin, for prismatic part)
panzerivh040.jpg

One problem, original draw for earlyer version:
panzerivh041.jpg

panzerivh043.jpg

But, in H and J version have additional periscop?
panzerivh044.jpg

I just started radio girder:
panzerivh045.jpg

I think you are doing better than good... VERY GOOD! I love seeing old fashioned modeling (we call it Old School). Remember that much won't be seen after the build is completed to take as many photos as you can!

It is smart to limit yourself as to what to fix. Trust me, I abandon way too many projects because they take too much time to fix all I want.

Regards,

I think it's awesome, I love watching scratch building projects.

Can you do us a favor and take some pics on a darker background? Better to see your great work! (y)

Tom

Thanx for comments, guys.
@sharkmouth Oh, man, im already OLD, hahhaha. I have 40 and in fact i belong to "old scool". Of course, i realy love all this new tech, but sometime i wanna go in a past.
@ TomN Yes, you right, quality of photos is disaster! But i was realy short with time, you know, child red alert and similar :idonno . Equipment is not problem, and next sesion will be much better, i promise :drinks

Back