• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer II Commission Build From the Duke

Duke Maddog

A friend of mine who is more wargamer than model builder commissioned me to build a 1/35th scale Panzer II as a display to show next to his WWII game. I chose the new Tamiya kit and got started several months ago. I have now completed this model and I'm ready to turn it over to him.

Here it is, all weathered after it's test run:

German_Panzer_II_35th_I.jpg

German_Panzer_II_35th_II.jpg

Now that I've finished this, I can return to my own scale and start pumping some more out.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

I can see it!

You do really well in a bigger scale (or just big 1/72s like the Dora and Saturn V), I wish you'd go there more often.

Don't listen to them Mark. There is only one true scale! :ro:

Great build by the way! Even if it is the "wrong" scale. (y)

Wow, thanks for all the great replies guys!

Ausf, I actually have been going to the larger small scale models like Dora and the Saturn V. I just completed a Be-6 Madge (14" long, 19" wingspan) and I have a C-118 and a B-377 on the bench, both almost two feet long. Then I have my S[ace Shuttle which towers up to three feet in height. They do take a bit more time and so I still fill in the shorter times with the smaller stuff too. After all, I still need to get to 700 completed small scale vehicles! Thanks for posting here, I really appreciate it.

Bob, thanks! It may appear that way, but I didn't feel the same joy I do building my usual scale. There were days when I put that back on the shelf because I just didn't feel like working on it. Yes, I did also paint the figure. I used techniques that I saw you and other Masters here use to try and bring him more to life. Thanks again my friend.

Razor thanks! I agree, there is only One True Scale! LOL! (y) :woohoo: :woohoo: I appreciate the compliment; I tried to do what every other Big Scale Master here has done on their vehicles. Thanks again for the support! :good:

Adam, thanks "Manny"! :D Now I know I have made it since I got the "Manny" Seal of Approval! :woohoo: :rotf If you ever see him, tell him I said "Guten Tag".

Bob, thanks! It may appear that way, but I didn't feel the same joy I do building my usual scale. There were days when I put that back on the shelf because I just didn't feel like working on it. Yes, I did also paint the figure. I used techniques that I saw you and other Masters here use to try and bring him more to life. Thanks again my friend.

You didn't get it from me and I'm surely no Master. And don't call me Shirley. :rotf

Duke, that "Large Scale" tank certainly has that "Duke" attitude. I love what you did on it, but I agree, stick with the scale that best suits your talents, and that is 1/72-76. I still enjoy checking out your posts on the group. Thanks for sharing.

Dave

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Shirley Bob, ;) some of those techniques on that tank are your influence. Thanks for that! (y)

Dave, I appreciate that. Don't worry, I'll be staying with my favorite scale; the only reason I did that was because I was paid to do it. I just started T-64BV in 1/72 scale, so I'm starting to ratchet up the small scale armor production line again. I just need to launch a few ships from the shipyards first.

Thanks Luiz! I learned a lot watching all the masters here.

Back