• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panther Ausf. G early

jknaus

Administrator
This is just a heads up for anyone who has this kit. Its the Takom Panther G early with Zimmerit. I'm using the new Star Decals and it will either be the 116 Panzer Regiment in Normandy or the 24 Panzer Regiment in Belgium shortly after Normandy was taken. Everything is good so far except for a small very glaring problem. The mantlet is molded incorrectly. The two strips should be on the other side if installed. They are for IR gear. This model should not have them. The red circle shows the mounting point for the pegs for lifting the mantlet. They should be on the top. I double, tripple, quadruple checked to see if I made a mistake in construction but no. No big deal except I will be wrecking some very nicely molded zimmeret to correct this. I have left a post on Takoms FB page but no correspondence I've ever sent them has been returned so not holding my breath. The only other head scratcher is the tube for holding the barrel cleaning rods. So far the whole model has had some very tiny parts, some I feel could have been molded on the main part, but still nice detail. Then you look at this tibe and the handles for the end caps are molded as a rectangular blob. Why? So will need to clean off and make some from some brass sheet.. Having fun though and thats what matters.
DSC09313.JPG
DSC09313a.jpg
DSC09315.JPG
DSC09316.JPG

Oh and some 3d printed Jerry Cans. Will need to reprint now I have dialed in my printer a bit better.
James

Back