• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PANTHER AUSF.G 1/100

iambrb

Ok So I got this last year for MMM-2020, only to totally miss it!

It's the little Zvezda kit, and as you can see it, it looks like it will be a simple build:

io00bDx.jpg

Unlike the box art, it has no Zimmerit, no decals, & no MG:
1erieMX.jpg

So I'm A-Thunking I am going to build this up in white-wash, maybe get a base and doo a wee-bit of ground work too. Anyhoo...here is the start photo:

1ZwOaR7.jpg

Let the games begin!

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of dee-cals (that's how we say it 'round here) so i
I am thinking I will go with something in a snow camo, like this:

NWZqAJA.jpg

nqevH2s.jpg

pjt9K6f.jpg

I think the funky jagged white wash is really neat!

Ok here we are about 90 minutes into the build:
QzmYOtC.jpg

wFnfpfn.jpg

utC41Hq.jpg

I drilled out the barrel with the micro-drills I bought for the Pacific Sherman:
DJE86G4.jpg

(note the rear snapped down tighter after this pic, that seam is gone)
7uRGxLQ.jpg

neat size comparison
OEk0NTI.jpg

thanks!

So now I found a base. and some pebbles and a few sticks from out side...maybe make a small snow scene?
5i3R6wT.jpg

I know in this scale might be hard to see but those gaps look massive in photos. Fill them in with something buddy. :soldier

I know in this scale might be hard to see but those gaps look massive in photos. Fill them in with something buddy. :soldier
Yep, I sees 'em.

The turret is held on by my finger. the gap at the rear is closed. the challenge would be those two boogers at the front glacias

ZVEZDA HAS PLACED A CURSE ON ME

Really! I have no idea what it is, but between the Pacific Sherman and this build, I'm convinced there must be a curse!
I attached the last bits and had this all ready to put on the white wash, and then I realized, the hull MG was gone! You can see it's not in the pics above, I attached it at the start of today's work, having realized that slight error. Swept the floor, nothing. Vacuumed. still nothing! AHHH!

I thought OK-OK, I only have a few hours today, I'll form a bubble of gel CA on here and work with that, I mean it's 1/100 right? BUT since I have this almost completely masked & the paints out, I'll go ahead and at least get the paint on, I can get that in the cleanup phase.

Guys, I had it looking RIGHT. I had what looked like SS runes on the front slope, and as I'm pulling off the tape, I DROP THE DARN THING ON THE WHITE PAINT, FRONT SLOPE FIRST & COVERED!

It took a crap-ton of work in my limited time remaining to get the front cleaned off and SOMETHING on there, and I guess if came out OK, but I am deeply disappointed. (note the offender sitting in the background, waiting to pounce)

FJt1njc.jpg

ZIRsLwf.jpg

tKnOYnS.jpg

and without the tape, showing the "repaired" front slope, darn it

egZ48gi.jpg

1dbncSV.jpg

EO9jkgH.jpg

RDAdfWB.jpg

bYFFYCt.jpg

This Zvezda Curse reminds me a bit of the old line "it's not you it's me". They are good kits but crap this is frustrating! I still have a wee-bit of weathering yet to go, and I am determined to finish this, but once I am away from these zvezda kits, I may have to strike them from the build list for awhile!

Back