• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PAN F-86 "Tricolori"

135engineer

Well here we go . Because I am always coming with jokes about aircraft I decided to jump in and build one . The triple set from Italeri yielded my victim. The Pan f-86.
Pull up a seat and have a good laugh..........
h810b073.JPG

h0f71f2a.JPG

Well, what do you know...I had no idea that they had ever used the F-86. :hmmm

Great aerobatic team .

Cheers, Christian B)

There were 180 ex-RAF Canadair Sabre Mk.4's transferred to Italy in 1957. They were overhauled and received the "6-3 wing" modification before being transferred to Italy and Yugoslavia (120 aircraft). The USAF designated them F-86E(M) for record keeping. (The 'M" stood for 'Modified'.) The Frecce Tricolori flew them from 1961 to 1963. The last AMI Sabre was retired in 1965.

Cheers,
Rich

Yeah boss if you can't beat em then join em . that is awesome info rich thank you. Hang on and lets see how bad I can butcher this.

Good info . I have watched them performed with the other two birds . Goods shows .

They generally brought some Italian red wine with them to try and get special good service which they always got for free anyhow :rotf

It's a shame my taste buds only like white wines :facepalm

Cheers, Christian B)

Got a little work done last night. Will post some images later. Looking foreward to seeing if I did something with this so far. Counting on some help here . the issue I think is going to be describing some lines. Hoping to get some advice from the resident wimgnuts. lol .

Well do you have any sort of scribing tool?

My favorite one is the UMM Micro scriber
http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?cPath=21_105&products_id=4798

But the back of an exacto or even a nail can get the job done. Using tape to outline your panels will help you keep a straight line. See I know the answers just fail at applying them. :rotf

OK sounds good. I will need to get one of those from umm. I do have their micro saw which may give me the basis for the line and then define it with something else.

Back