• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Packing up and moving

OK, Gallery is back online. Y'all do your worse at breaking it.

James, I have no idea what I did to fix it. I just did the same thing we were doing this morning. Moon must have moved out of the evil voodoo phase.

Yet another great job, Moon
I think I saw our new server on the side of my uncle's Lancaster
Peace and Love,
Randy

"... I think I saw our new server on the side of my uncle's Lancaster ..."
Yeah... I hope Moon understood that I was talkin' about the red hair server!
Emoticon_lco.gif
emoticon_palmas2.gif
:D

Cheers! B)

Greetings to all. I'm accepting Moon Puppy's invitation to stop by and say hello. I've been working with him for the past couple of weeks to provide a new home for Modeler's Alliance. It looks like the move went about as smoothly as these things are likely to go, and I'm pretty confident you'll see some improvements, especially the elimination of the outages you've been experiencing. If there are any further issues or concerns, relay them to Moon Puppy and he can contact me directly.

I'm not presently a modeler, but spent many hours on the hobby in my teens. Not a lot of military stuff -- my favorites were the Universal Studios horror movie series, Ed "Big Daddy" Roth cars, and anything related to the space program. I still remember all of the details of the huge Saturn 5 model with the removable, dockable command, service, and lunar modules. Great stuff. A few years ago I was surprised to find a Revell Lunar lander kit in a hobby store, so I bought it and stashed it away in a closet. One of these days...

Hey err.. Ray! thanks for dropping by.

That Saturn V Rocket is still out there, There's a picture of my builds when I was a kid and that monster was in the back ground. Who knows, if you keep stopping by and checkout Mike's autoworks, that spark might get reignited.

Thanks for your help on getting us moved. Still don't know what the problem was on the gallery but it seems to coincidental that the changes to PHP settings were done about the same time everything started working correctly. But to figure out why it didn't work to start with is above my paygrade.

Maybe one day we'll get you to come out of the closet...with that kit!!!! :mpup

Strange.....I was just thinking about the old space models today. My dad got my started building models when I was a tike. I remember working on my planes at a corner of his bench. When he brought that big puppy out I was so excited! He built it cause it was "special" and I was perfectly content watching cause I didn't want to mess it up :lol:

Tim

Hey err.. Ray! thanks for dropping by.

Maybe one day we'll get you to come out of the closet...with that kit!!!! :mpup

OK, but I'm NOT putting on a red wig!

Hmmm....there's an Avatar idea waiting to happen.

Tim those Apollo series kits were great. I remember a pretty good size Lunar Scene and also the Astronaut having a huge seem around the helmet.

Hey, we may be on the brink of a Group Build idea, but only if Ray comes out the closet with his.

Hmmmm..... Sounds like a great idea and if it will get a guy to come out of the closet all the better.....I guess :idonno :cheer:

Tim

Oh, the memories
My Saturn V rocket is still in the box in my parent's basement. I started to assemble and paint it, but I got mad when I realised I painted it incorrectly and stuffed in back in the box. I think it was in 1970, when I was 12 years old. I remember watching the moon landing on our black and white Zenith.
I also had a model of an astronaut doing a space walk, but that's all I can remember about it.
About the same time, I built a model of the "space bus" from the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey." It's also in a box in the parent's basement.
Does that make me a horder?
Peace and Love,
Randy

Hmmmm..... Sounds like a great idea and if it will get a guy to come out of the closet all the better.....I guess
I'm thinking the phrase "get back into modeling" might be more comfortable.

I also had a model of an astronaut doing a space walk, but that's all I can remember about it.
I had that one too. If I remember right, the astronaut was tethered to a base that was a section of a Gemini capsule.

Hey, we may be on the brink of a Group Build idea, but only if Ray comes out the closet with his.
I would like to do this but it wouldn't be feasible for me for a few months. I'm knee deep in a couple of other projects right now, and as soon as things thaw out I have to finish the screened porch that I started in the fall. But yes, it's a definite possibility. I bought the model years ago thinking I might build it with my son, but the idea kind of got lost after the move to South Carolina and all of the associated life changes. He's away at college now, but he did at least develop an interest and appreciation of Apollo and the preceding missions.

Back to the original topic here.

Got this in email from our former hosting service
Maintenance Notice

Dear Robert Britt,

We are contacting you to to inform you about the network downtime we faced because of a massive DDos that we faced that affected the whole network the downtime was around 1 hour , we have now removed the attacked node and network traffic is back to normal now.

We apologize for any inconvenience and are working diligently to fully restore service.

Grammar aside, I hate to inform them that this was not a "Maintenance Notice", this was damage control.

Now y'all see why I wanted to move? We didn't have any down time yesterday.

Back