• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P40 Warhawk

Did I say something about this thing being small?
Compare to the Mustang I haven't finished yet
Warhawk06.jpg

Big Salute to Saul Garcia for sending me these decals. The are really fine decals, didn't see a brand name on them, Saul you recall who's they are?

Got the gear on, gear doors and some detail painting. Nothing major. After the decals settle down I'll clear coat and weather it up a bit.
Warhawk07.jpg

Warhawk08.jpg

Warhawk09.jpg

Warhawk10.jpg

And let me throw this out there. This is not intended to be an accurate representation of a specific Flying Tiger aircraft. I'm just having fun.

Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think. :mpup

Meaning it just fell out of the box today or you found it while cleaning ?

You're almost down to my level now Bob :pilot

P-51 looks very nice indeed. (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

DONE!
Played with some Migs washes, realize I really don't know what the hell I'm doing in this scale. Tried to muddy up the tires a little only to fall victim to what Saul called weathering out of scale. Never heard the term before but I sure exemplified it here.

Warhawk11.jpg

Warhawk12.jpg

Yes, there were some decal mishaps on the insignia...don't worry about it. It's not like I'm hiding it or anything :D

Warhawk13.jpg

Warhawk14.jpg

But anyway..I'm calling it done, I know I'll do another 1:72 bird but one that a little larger than this one next time. :mpup

I REALLY like it!

PM me if you want me to send another set of Chinese National Insignias.

Regards,

Reading around the web there does not seem to be any agreement on what colors the Flying Tigers AVG aircraft sported. From what I have read in the past and today, the P40s Chennault purchased were intended for the RAF. Stands to reason for me that they were in RAF camo already when they were shipped out to Burma. So..that's why this is the same colors as the Spitfire I'm working on for BoB.

From what I read the guy that did the research on the new Airfix mold said that USA used standard US colors that was close to the British specs. The interior was aperently yellow chromate as well as the landing gear. Well that was what one guys "learned" opinion was at least.

Great build BoB hope mine comes out 20% as good.

Humbrol Numbers

116 - US dark green 71013
119 - US light Earth 71 009
Underside 28 - Matt camoflage Grey 71021

Looks to be almost SEA does it not?

Back