• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-51D 1/32 scale

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
I've had this Hasegawa kit for years. A number of years ago I almost turned it into an air racer. :rotf I cut some parts off the trees but nothing else. The kit has some cool markings. :eek:hyeah

Start up photos
DSC02802_zps6b7qlurw.jpg

DSC02804_zpsmvynca0i.jpg

DSC02805_zpskyph65ix.jpg

What is it with you and FORD's, Jeff :laugh: - Looking forward to this too, bud.

Ian.

I am thinking of doing the same plane Just in 72 :popcorn

I would say that is a good idea. Comparing this kit with the 1/72 I started I should have stayed with 1/72. I'm thinking of building this with the wheels up and putting on the ceiling of the garage. :unsure:

What is it with you and FORD's, Jeff :laugh: - Looking forward to this too, bud.

Ian.

You noticed my problem with Fix Or Repair Daily's or is that Found On Reservation Dump :rotf

I was born into it. The only non Fords the family ever owned was a 1929 Chevrolet Sedan bought by my great grandfather. My grandfather said the wood rooted out by 1932 and the body panels fell off. He said the 1917 T they owned since new was still running and working fine. (We still have that car too :D) Back in 1972 or 73 my Dad bought a 1963 Chevrolet Impala triple black convertible with a bad engine for $100 bucks. He said he could not pass that up as the body, top and interior was perfect. Dad found the crank was bad, replaced it and sold the car for a couple grand. I was like but you hate Chevrolet Dad. He laughed not when they are that cheap and easy to fix. Those are the only non Ford family products I know anyone in the family owning. I'm still kicking myself for passing up on a 1969 Camaro full tube chassis car the guy wanted $1,500.00 for :( Would have made one good drag car as it was a motor plate car so you could have run any engine combo in it :( :( :(

Don't get me wrong there are and always be some fantastic other than Ford vehicles out there. I've been beat by many and still will get that wake up when the Sedan is back together. :eek:hyeah I see a lot of relation between car people and modelers. You build what you like and enjoy the work of others. Plus ever now and then you rib each other but you are there to help out too because of the general interest. It's all fun to me that's why I do it.

Ian.

You noticed my problem with Fix Or Repair Daily's or is that Found On Reservation Dump :rotf

I was born into it. The only non Fords the family ever owned was a 1929 Chevrolet Sedan bought by my great grandfather. My grandfather said the wood rooted out by 1932 and the body panels fell off. He said the 1917 T they owned since new was still running and working fine. (We still have that car too :D) Back in 1972 or 73 my Dad bought a 1963 Chevrolet Impala triple black convertible with a bad engine for $100 bucks. He said he could not pass that up as the body, top and interior was perfect. Dad found the crank was bad, replaced it and sold the car for a couple grand. I was like but you hate Chevrolet Dad. He laughed not when they are that cheap and easy to fix. Those are the only non Ford family products I know anyone in the family owning. I'm still kicking myself for passing up on a 1969 Camaro full tube chassis car the guy wanted $1,500.00 for :( Would have made one good drag car as it was a motor plate car so you could have run any engine combo in it :( :( :(

Don't get me wrong there are and always be some fantastic other than Ford vehicles out there. I've been beat by many and still will get that wake up when the Sedan is back together. :eek:hyeah I see a lot of relation between car people and modelers. You build what you like and enjoy the work of others. Plus ever now and then you rib each other but you are there to help out too because of the general interest. It's all fun to me that's why I do it.

Flipped Over Rebuilt Dodge (FORD) :evil: MoPar man here. Have owned a few Fords &hate 'em with a passion. with the exception of the 1973 Thunderbird I had. Use to pick up cars of all types for cheap, drop a few bucks into them & resell them for alot more.

Ian.

Flipped Over Rebuilt Dodge (FORD) :evil: MoPar man here. Have owned a few Fords &hate 'em with a passion. with the exception of the 1973 Thunderbird I had. Use to pick up cars of all types for cheap, drop a few bucks into them & resell them for alot more.

Whole heartily agree with you Jeff ... :good: ... I've worked on them all and when I was able to change a 302 and tranny in my 65 stang (had to swap trannies) to a 289 (I hope 4 Bolt) the car didn't come with a 302 ...... under a shade tree ..... after church ..... and hard it running by 6 PM ........ back when they built them right ...... :eek:ldguy

and Ed ..... it's funny Ya'll can make up all kinds of stuff with a ford letter word ....... How about :hmmm

Dies On Dirt, Gravel Everytime .... :rotf :rotf

Ian.

Whole heartily agree with you Jeff ... :good: ... I've worked on them all and when I was able to change a 302 and tranny in my 65 stang (had to swap trannies) to a 289 (I hope 4 Bolt) the car didn't come with a 302 ...... under a shade tree ..... after church ..... and hard it running by 6 PM ........ back when they built them right ...... :eek:ldguy

and Ed ..... it's funny Ya'll can make up all kinds of stuff with a ford letter word ....... How about :hmmm

Dies On Dirt, Gravel Everytime .... :rotf :rotf

:smack :eek:ldguy

There's always this one:

Found On Road Dead

and

Poor Old Nit Thinks It's A Cadillac

I was a die hard VW fan myself. WAS. Last 2 cars have been Toyotas and they are much better than the German tin ever thought of being.

Back