• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Out of the comfort zone, and enjoyed it !!

Bagge

Hello! long time posting something now, but here is what i've been doing :)
Revells Daf XF 105 Space cab in scale 1/24, my first ever truck in this scale and it was a fun build, not as many small parts as i'm used to in 1/35 and you could do alot of details and options.
I tried out some painting with AlcladII chrome on the mirrors and the cover over the back frame, the blue paint is Vallejo gun metal covered with 2 layers of tamiya transparent blue.
Hope you like it B) i still have some work on the trailer for this one!
P1070435.JPG

P1070439.JPG

P1070432.JPG

P1070401.JPG

P1070396.JPG

P1070391.JPG

more pictures in the gallery: https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=471&pid=15784#top_display_media
Greetings
Mats

The truck is about 30cm long and the total length with trailer is around 80cm! :)
Thanks for the nice comments! i kept it secret until it was finnished, if i would fail completing it! hahaha.
But now there is one more waiting, it will be a birth present for Veerles and my son to be born in May, It's a Peterbuilt with a dumpertrailer :D
//Mats

Thanks :) yes i could hide a part of the stash inside that trailer! or my chocolat, so the kids don't find it :D
//Mats

thanks, yes randy those are decals, it took quite some amount of micro sol softener to make them sit right!
Thanks Bob for the tips about the Alclad! i managed to make it work hahaha
//Mats

Mats that Truck it's amazing!!! :yipee

The Colors are great!

And tell me , the decal are too troublesome? :fencing

Great one! on future I want build a lot of truck's!

Cheers :mpup

Thanks Arturius :) The decals were no big problem, just needed alot of softener to sit in all the panel lines, they were well worth the job :)
//Mats

Here is some pics of what i've been working on, i plan to use this trailer together with the Daf truck and i think it's gonna be a nice thing on shows that we go to (just need a big table!)
P1080643.JPG

Thanks Chuck for letting me use your Image (y)
P1080644.JPG

And my club
P1080645.JPG

Some painting left to do and the decals on the opposite side :)
//Mats

Bagge, that Euro truck looks really good. I've never really tried a truck model, but I might try one, as a Dare to be Different style model. Maybe I could find an AMT Racecar Hauler. I had one that I started, until a small fire destroyed the truck. We'll have to see if I can find one of the Orange Blossom Special kits. I could build the truck and sell the puller truck.

Dave W.

Back