• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Operation Torch Signup

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
OK we're on, who's in?

Put me down for a SBD :pilot

torch-sbd-1.jpg

I'm in to, going to build the Bedford QL & 6 pounder gun and some figures for that, if there is time :D

P1060058.jpg

//Mats

Ken,

What's missing?

Regards,

LOL, can you actually read that? (I'm assuming you are referring to the sticker?) I wasn't sure if it was visible enough.

Nothing anymore, you emailed me the instructions. ;)

The back story: One day I pull into one of my not so local hobby stores and there is a dumpster guy in the small parking lot, so I have to pull a ten point turn to manage back out onto a crazy, four lane, one way street (going against traffic) to pull into the Dunkin' Donuts parking lot next door. As I lock up the truck and start to walk I notice Steve, the behind the counter guy in the dumpster and he waves me over. This dumpster guy had the brains to stop here after leaving a house, where a wife had just hired him to take her ex-husbands toys to the dump. There I stood looking into a thirty yard dumpster about half full of kits, mostly just tossed haphazardly into the dumpster.

Needless to say after almost two weeks of sorting and inventorying everything, I picked up a few kits. Most were missing just the instructions as he must have removed them all and filed them. My Staghound kit is missing the PE as well but I paid about a third of the going price for these.

LOL, can you actually read that? (I'm assuming you are referring to the sticker?) I wasn't sure if it was visible enough.

Nothing anymore, you emailed me the instructions. ;) My Staghound kit is missing the PE as well but I paid about a third of the going price for these.

Yes Ken, I was referring to the sticker. It is a nice kit even if it is dimensionally wrong. It will look fantastic nonetheless. How bad is it off? Enough that a full resin kit has been released.

As for the Staghound, I have a few of those along with updates. If the updates replace the kit PE, I guess you have the missing fret coming to you.

Regards,

That would be really cool Saul but I should have been more specific. It's the Mk.III Staghound kit, it was like $11.00 so I couldn't turn it away.

Not sure if the PE is similar in each kit.

:idonno

Gonna be tight to get two done in 6 months- but I'll do my best ;) I'll post pica when I get home ;)

OK, 6 months I think I can handle, put me down for an A-36A, still debating markings, should have it nailed down by the start date

Cool Tony. Looking forward to this. Would love to know what you think of it. I'm interested in how well it goes together.
James

I'm in !! I'm either doin a Pz IV D or a Tunisian Tiger I .... I have both in th Stash . WIth th Pa. IV , I can practice th Hairspray method. ..... Th Tunisian Tiger I ... Well I have a few Tamiya Tiger's !

I'll add th pix when I decide. But I'm in Fo-Sho !

Question : Would th Kasserine Pass be included ? I have a 1/72nd. American HT that I might show captured ! .... I might end up with 2 in this !! :woohoo: :v

Back