• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Opel Blitz 1/35 (tamiya +voyager + eduard)

stassi

That was pretty hard to tie Tamiya kit and photo etched parts together, but i hope i've managed to..
So voyager provides the set with 1mm sheet of plastic so it is possible to substitute the tamiya's body with it. I just gave wooden texture to it. I also made myself hinges for the doors.

Hi Stassi.

That is a way cool job you did on that Blitz. Working hinges? Wow. Do the doors lock :laugh: . And the bed came out looking real good also.

Gary B)

Wow,
That's some heavy metal... I'm just waiting for the figures
to come by and finish working on it... :laugh:
Looks great. It' would make a great dio, if you had a couple
of figures with a compressor and spray gun, maybe some
tools too, working on building it. :woohoo: :woohoo:
That would make a great picture.
Shawn

so, finally, i've done it)
it was pretty difficult, cuz it is the first attempt to build a truck and not a tank...

Damn...that's a very nice looking truck. I really like the p/e work you did, very well executed.

Damn...that's a very nice looking truck. I really like the p/e work you did, very well executed.

Stassi,

Looks like you did a pretty good job to me. I like it!!

Terry

Thnx pals! I am glad that you like the work i've done!
I am going to make a kinda dioram to it...
it is pretty nice to read such comments) :cheer: :cheer:

This is perhaps the ultimate blitz I have ever seen !!! :eek:hmy: How way cool is the bike as well ? Amazing work .

We will need to put this on our front page ! ;)

Jenny :kiss:

I used Tamiya's "German 3ton 4x2 cargo truck" and edited it with 2 kits of photo-etched parts - Eduard and Voyager. Voyager provides a 1mm plastic sheets to imitate the wooden body of the truck and resin pick and shovel. I've added working hinges to the doors. The parts of the body also have working hinges. I tried to solder the photo-etched parts where it was possible.
Painting:
I used Aero-Pro airbrush (the russian one) to make color modulation with Tamiya acrilycs. Than i applied SIN filters. After that i used oils to create fading effect. Next step was glossy varnish before washing. That was what i was going to do... But the truck felt down on the dalle and crushed into small parts! After that i had to take away the paints from some parts like doors and do everything right from the start on them - modulation, filtering, fading, varnishing... But anyway i've managed to do that. So i washed the model with MIG brown and dark wash. Painted chips with 10/0 brushes and Vallejo acrylics. Next - put some more layers of SIN filters to soften the chips. Last step was MIG pigments, fixed with mig fixer and mat varnishing.
Different stuff in the body was used from different kits. Resin - verlinden, cans from tamiya and so on...
Motorbike is BMW r-12, purchased by russian 'Zvezda' was difficult to assemble and give an accurate look to. But the price... circa 5$.
I used "millitary trucks" magazine
and the book "2nd front" written by Paul Karel

Back