• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Oops, I did it again..1/48 Tamiya Spitfire Vb Trop

Leopard2

And again I tried my luck on a wingy thingy. This time Tamiya's 1/48 Spitfire Vb trop became my victim. I build her straight out of the box and started last week Monday. Even though its my best airplane model yet it is by no means perfect. I had serious problems with the decals, I misplaced one and after painting I found out the for some reason a little piece of masking tape ended up inside the canopy. I tried an oil wash again and I think the panel lines came out pretty decent. Anyway here are a few pics. Comments welcome.

Joe

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

Pretty bird. I'd put a bit of gun residue on the ejection ports for the weapons, but otherwise think its a beaut job.
James

Thanks guys.I guess I am always harsh on myself. And I did add some residue but only very lightly...I tried to keep the weathering to a minimum.

Thanks guys for the kind words. This encouraged me to work on another plane. I will be posting pics of the new project here soon. And I just noticed I should have posted this thread in the show case...lol. Guess age is catching up on me.

Joe

As long as you're posting it's all good.

We have another convert..make room in the Hanger. Transformation to Wings and Things is moving along nicely... :evil:
piliot.gif

That looks right nice- and the oil wash really added to that nice finish. Now get cracking on a manly aeroplane, will ya? ;)

Hiya Leopard2.

I have always just loved the look of a nice Spitfire. And yours is waaaaaayyyy nice (y) . I did one of these Tamiya Spitfires a couple of months ago, and looking at yours has me in the mood to try something with wings again real soon here.

Gary B)

Thanks for the nice comments. Its the first time that I used silly putty for masking on an air plane and I am sure it wasnt the last time either. I really love that stuff.

I mixed the paints per Tamiya instructions. The sand is 50/50 XF-59 and XF-60 and the brown is 50/50 XF-52 and XF-64.

Joe

Looks good Joe. You're a better man than me. I have no tanks in my hanger . One of these days I'll get around to posting something. Maybe Iron Mike will pitch in. He's always bugging me about it anyway...!

Christian

Back