• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

OOOPS! Zap-A-gap removal?

iambrb

Seems that I have used zap-a-gap CA product to glue a resin something that never should have been glued that way...ooops! How can I remove it without ruining the plastic model it is attached to?:(

IAMBRB,

Zap-A-GAP makes a DeBonder - http://www.supergluecorp.com/zap/zap-z-7-debonder IT should help ya' out. If not Try Finger Nail Polish remover. It's th Acetone in it that Actually DeBonds the C.A. glue (y)

ERIK

Isn't it the way? superglue it in the right position and you can knock it off with a feather, Put it on wrong and it isn't coming off without destroying everything. As Erik said Acetone or Debonder should work for you. Just don't tell your better half your into more of her stuff.:blush: They don't like it.:huh:

BFH = Something to do with a Big :evil: Hammer!

Dean

Isn't it the way? superglue it in the right position and you can knock it off with a feather, Put it on wrong and it isn't coming off without destroying everything. As Erik said Acetone or Debonder should work for you. Just don't tell your better half your into more of her stuff.:blush: They don't like it.:huh:

Dean

Indeed!

Dean

Indeed!

I have toadmit...that one took a minute!

Too many years ago to count, I was a diploma'd Welder, and my first job was as a pipe fitter for a local company. Guy that trained me (I did not know nuttin' 'bout pipe) used the "BFH' theory. If it did not fit, get a bigger BFH!

Back