• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Old school Tamiya Ki-48 now finished!

matrixone

This model has been finished for a few days and just today I was able to go outside and get some pictures of it. ;)

My idea (and inspiration) for building some Japanese aircraft came from Youtube, there was an old song that I wanted to hear and looked it up and came across a modern video of that song, the song is 'Woman From Tokyo' by Deep Purple. I don't have a link to the song but its easy to find, just type in the Youtube search Deep Purple-Woman From Tokyo by Hollywood Scream. You can thank me later! :woohoo:

Why can't there be music like this produced these days? :eek:ldguy

Anyway...on to the pictures of the model.

h808e8ec.JPG

h908a75e.JPG

he42d0f6.JPG

hbe23707.JPG

h525d0a8.JPG

h78d1e23.JPG

hc518c71.JPG

hfe50778.JPG

h1bf6ba4.JPG

Matrixone

:notworthy

Awesome work!

I'm hoping to do a multiple aircraft setting w/ a sampling of aircraft from CVW-11 during the '90s. I'm still undecided how I'm going to go about displaying them...but that's a problem for down the road.

Very Nice! (y)
I like your weathering! So many WWII IJA aircraft models are over-chipped, like they had a mid-air with a flying sandblaster! :notworthy :dude :salute
COOL!!

Really great! This could actually be in the SNAPSHOTS IN TIME forum!

Hey I was thinking a bit past Deep Purple to "My Sharona" when viewing this

"My-Yi-Yi-Yi-Yi-Whoo! M--M--My Sharona!" (or in this case, Tamiya!)

Thanks to all for the comments!

Rhino,
I agree with you about the paint chipping, while its true there were some IJAAF aircraft that had extensive paint chipping they were few in number and even some of those were captured machines that had a lot of damage to the paint from people crawling around them.
I looked at as many photographs of operational Ki-84's as I could to guide me in how far to go on the weathering on my model and its maxed out IMHO.

What I get a kick out of is seeing models of Japanese Navy aircraft that have massive amounts of paint chipping on them. :facepalm
The aircraft used by the Japanese Navy had much more carefully applied paint than the Army aircraft to help avoid corrosion from salt air, even later in the war when quality control was slipping away the paint finish on front line aircraft was still very good in most cases.

Matrixone

Back