• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

old eyes

Paulw

This has been coming down the pike for quite a while. For the past couple of years and only while driving, vision began messing up. Double vision. I would be driving along and out of the blue they would cross just a little bit and cause me to focus on a spot on the wind shield. But just in the past couple of months it has gotten way worse to where I need to patch one eye while driving. The VA is providing me with new glasses that have a serious amount of prism. So much so that all my parifral vision is curved. If that doesn't work then it may come to surgery. I know that children have this surgery all the time and it does well with them as is the case with my grand daughters.

I am 56 years old and I have no idea how some one my age would cope with this surgery. It really doesnt bother me to patch one eye but that puts a damper on the modeling. Subsequently, I have pretty much lost interest in the hobby because I can not focus on the assembly.I may have to go back to 32 scale and hope that they come out well.

Yeah Paul it stinks to get old. I ama year ahead of you and so far the eyes are doing ok. As I am left eye dominent and use it all the time the problems with the right eye don't really bother me. For me it is mostly a depth perception thing.

Not doing bi-focals yet and possibly won't do them even later as weird focus stuff really drives me nuts.

Hope it all goes well and definitely drive carefuly! (y)

I only can second what Heavens Eagle said - I rely hope all goes well!

and for driving - well - you could paint a big yellow L across your car

never mind!

That sucks Paul, and 56 is not old. I'm sure you'll do just fine if it comes down to it. Sending you big BIG :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen

Back