• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

OK I need help!

I've been told I'm beyond help but that's another story!

OK, I have two 1/35 Tamiya M48A3's I'd like to build for the Charlie can't Surf GB.
I'm going to do one as a "Out of the Box" build.
The second, I want to try my hand at using aftermarket stuff and see the difference. My problem is that there is so much out there that it really overwhelms me and I can't tell the difference between one set of tracks and another (that's just one example) :blink .
I'm in the US and I often do business with Sprue Brothers and Squadron so if anyone is familiar with this kit (Tamiya 1/35 M48A3 Patton) I'd appreciate some advice.
Like I said somewhere else before, doing armor is new to me, I'm used to building them flying thingies that no one likes around here (you know, the ones that blow up armor) :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thanks!

Give it a little more time, this thread has only been viewed 12 times (when I posted this response) and the people with the answers may not have been the ones who clicked on it as of yet. I know I don't know the answer to your question but did view this thread previously.

Some people don't log on everyday or every other day even and it may take a few days to a week to get a response. Give it a day or so and then 'bump' it when it gets buried at the bottom.

:peace

I have used Great Model website to check the associated AM stuff for a kit. Just search their site for the kit and they will list all the accessories and AM stuff they have listed. Then you can shop it around for price. This is about the only thing I like about GM. i've attempted to order from them a couple of times and the shipping policy bugs me bad.

moon puppy wrote:
I have used Great Model website to check the associated AM stuff for a kit. Just search their site for the kit and they will list all the accessories and AM stuff they have listed. Then you can shop it around for price. This is about the only thing I like about GM. i've attempted to order from them a couple of times and the shipping policy bugs me bad.

Thanks MP, I'll try that tonight!.

Well probably one of the best things you could do to soup up the kit is to get the Eduard photo etch set. AFV and Fruil make track sets(be sure to get the early pattern). Legend Productions make alot of sand bag and stowage sets for the M-48 and Academy makes a little detail set that has some period stowage stuff like water cans, transister radio and such. My 2cents worth.

Terry B)

Back