• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Oh Yes He Does

Shawn that's a really cool idea!!! What balance!! I hope you win!

Terry :laugh:

Terry,
Don't know if he has a chance to win or not :idonno , but I did have way too much fun planning
and building this project...:eek:hmy: :silly: :blush:
:hmmm :hmmm :hmmm Wonder what I will do next???:D
Of course he has balance, This little guy can sit like that for hours and never more a muscle,
slight shifts in his weight is nothing for Mr. Charlie.;) ;) :cheer: :laugh:
Thanks
Shawn

Thanks James,
Glad you guys liked it...
I just like to make everyone smile and maybe get them motivated to build something.
Shawn

I've had a few questions asked about what it is I used for the water...
Well here is a photo, I guess artists use this stuff on canvas to make the picture
more 3-D... Since my artistic ability ends with stick figures and they aren't that great,
I will have to take their word for it... I used white and clear gloss in doing this. The
white was cheaper and I used it to build the water up, then after I painted it, I only
used the Clear Gloss...
Fred (my mentor) has a "Dehydrator" that he got at a yard sale that he has made a wooden box for and that is his drying room (so to speak) for when he paints and works with gel for water... He is the master of "old school modeling" in our area.
This is what the stuff looks like in a bottle
Acrylicgelbottle.jpg

Here is Fred's boat and my wave in the drying room
100_5088.jpg

As you can see he has a lot more experience with this stuff and his stuff always looks way better. He has a "Bat boat" going thought the Sewers of Gotham City that is just sweet. Maybe I can convince him to let me post it on the site?
Shawn

You can get the gel at Michael's craft stores or any decent art supply store.
They have white (which is cheaper and can be used for the layers that you won't see)
and they have different strengths (Extra Heavy Gel, Heavy Gel etc...)
It's really cool and looks great.
Shawn

Back