• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Noel's Project

THe title of the small diorama that I'm doing will be called "Behind Enemy Walls". A group of German soldiers have stopped by a fountain well to rest whilst on the other side of the wall are two scared US 101 from the Normandy scattered drops waiting for the heat to die down!

I'm still waiting for some figures to arrive but in the meanwhile I started the Lion Roar Zundapp which is a gem!!!

Beautiful kit and a pleasure to build

PB-lr03.jpg

PB-lr1.jpg

The wheels come in 6 parts! Including x2 PE rims!
PB-lr02.jpg

Pretty sweet, Noel! I have the Zundapp and have continued to put off building it, might just have to break it out! Nice work! (y)

Today was raining and so I painted the bike!

PB-Ready2.jpg

PB-paint1.jpg

THe camo was a killer to airbrush!!!! I don't know how many times I had to stop to clean the airbrush!!!
PB-paint2.jpg

I didn't like the somewhat harsh contrast of the colours so...................
PB-camo1.jpg

.....so I took the airbrush out again and sprayed a light coat of the base colour to the entire model.
PB-camodusted.jpg

Thanks for your comments!

I did more work today since it was raining!

Light Chips
PB-chip1.jpg

PB-chip2.jpg

DARK CHIPS
PB-chipdark1.jpg

PB-Chipdark2.jpg

PB-chipdark4.jpg

PS: I still have to change the "WH" on the number plate to "SS". Also the chips might look somewhat loud and vivid but they will tone down considerably once washes and dusting effects are applied.

CHips, like Ponch and John?

chips_1_20101010_1491241207.jpg

The bike is looking great, Noel, makes me want to dig mine out!!(y)

It really looks good! Is this part of the group build? If so, you are missing an important photo...
:laugh:

I hope you weren't building so fast you forgot the initial photo with the date! I forget things all the time.
B)

Regards,

Back